New
Find
Notify
Tools

CSX 9mm luger round
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I left the house today stopped at spts whse to check on powder, The shelves were all but filled for the first time in ions...

but came home with a S&W CSX, a compact striker auto that holds 12 rounds and its small and its compact, all steel and works like a 1911 THAT GOT LOST IN THE WASH AND SHRUNK UP..It's the berries IMO..and as small as it is it's a heavy little bugger and sucks up recoil like a sponge and steadies itself. stuck it in my Wrangler waist band and wore it all day, hides really well, comfortable, and ready to go.. I give this one a 10..

6-26-23: So far we have shot this pistol 1250 times box count..add to that some 150 handloads. without a jam, accuracy is good enough for guv-ment work IMO..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41859 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Ray, the CSX is on my short list, being a guy who has shot with 1911 ergonomics/controls for half a century.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16409 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Like y’all, I’m a true 1911 fan and have been keeping an eye on this little CSX. It intrigues me and would love to try one out. I current carry either an Sig P938 or a Springfield Range Office Compact. Both have limited capacity.

Shoot Safe,
Mike

NRA Endowment Member
www.Marionroad.com
www.mausercentral.net

Posts: 947 | Location: Middle Georgia | Registered: 06 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i find myself using the csx more and more i did do a trigger job which helped out much very reliable small enough to pocket carry accuracy is better than either of my sig 238 or 239 overall a damn good gun

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I’ve been comparing the CSX and the Equalizer for some time whenever I can find them at my local shops. My current carry guns are the P938, which is small and only 8 rounds, but is very hard to load and rack with my arthritis. The other options I have is my Range Officer Compact, which is heavier, but nice to shoot, it too is only 8 rounds. I’m thinking the CSX or the Equalizer may be a good middle ground option.

Shoot Safe,
Mike

NRA Endowment Member
www.Marionroad.com
www.mausercentral.net

Posts: 947 | Location: Middle Georgia | Registered: 06 February 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Butch, was the trigger work minor? Polishing? I am looking at this one too.

– John Green, author

Posts: 16409 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
limited somewhat but polishing and a bit of spring weakening brought it down to about 5#

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Good to know. I don't dare handle a stone in the presence of a trigger mechanism, but have polished some Glock parts with Flitz on a Dremel felt bob, and apparently did no harm. hilbily

– John Green, author

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Mike, you might fall in love with the CSX. I sure have in the fortnight that I have owned one. And the trigger is smoothing up with use. The one downside of the CSX is that it cannot be called slim, but it points wonderfully in my hands.

– John Green, author

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bill, I thought I had a trade deal on one this last Thursday. Was really looking forward to it., but the other guy changed his mind. Still in the trade market along with a quest for a Sig P239 in 40 S&W. It’s a little harder to find.

Shoot Safe,
Mike

NRA Endowment Member
www.Marionroad.com
www.mausercentral.net