New
Find
Notify
Tools

OK goes consitutional carry
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
OKLAHOMA CITY — Oklahoma Gov. Kevin Stitt will hold a ceremony Wednesday to sign the "Constitutional Carry" bill, which will allow Oklahomans to carry a gun without a permit or training.

Stitt said he will sign House Bill 2597 at the Oklahoma Capitol around 4:30 p.m. after it passed the Senate by a 40-6 vote.

KY may go this week yet.

Posts: 19396 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Good I suppose. I am very positvilly adamant on this subject so don't get me wrong but I have encountered a few folks that really have no business being armed;for the safety of all concerned.I definatelly disagree with the permit clause,but lack of any form of training is tantamount to a real problem.i KNOW that ALL southern boys grew up with guns (right,used to be true)+ knew how to shoot ,etc.That was the beauty of the CHL course that it made everyone have to qualify.I can accept that.I have been shooting all my teen + adult life+ have trained at Gunsite but I had no problem taking the required course here in Texas.That being said while on the line there were some guys that no business with a pistol.I hate to give any ammo (sorry) to the opposition but it is true.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I can never understand why a free citizen would be in favor of.

Restricting ones freedom.

Before 1968 anyone could buy most any firearm thru the mail.

Machine guns anti tank weapons.

Why in the time since then have we become less responsible

Posts: 19396 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
WE ARE NOT.the killings of 2 Kennedys + one King pushed the issue.Actually the 1934 act started this madness.And yes I remember being able to order through the mail. Mausers + 03-A3 s going for $12.00 a pop,until the autumn of 1968.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I recall buying a JC Higgins bolt action single shot rifle from Sears when I was 16 from the Sears store in South Central LA. in 1965. Just my Dad and me and my wrinkled-up lawn-mowing money. No paperwork and no fuss at all.

Later that year I bought a Weatherby FN Mauser in 300 Wea Mag from the Weatherby South Gate store. It was a "second" off the floor rack which was in front of the display window and next to the huge, life sized Polar bear mount in the center of the store. Roy Weatherby came out of his office and made the sale personally. Weatherby and I and my Dad posed for pictures in front of the bear mount with me holding the rifle and wearing a grin the likes of which I don't think I've had since. Have hunted that rifle all over North America and in 4 African countries over the years.

Again, no fuss, and no meaningful paperwork I can recall. Just a simple sale.

My how times have changed.

114-R10David

Posts: 1749 | Location: Prescott, Az | Registered: 30 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TWL:
I recall buying a JC Higgins bolt action single shot rifle from Sears when I was 16 from the Sears store in South Central LA. in 1965. Just my Dad and me and my wrinkled-up lawn-mowing money. No paperwork and no fuss at all.

Later that year I bought a Weatherby FN Mauser in 300 Wea Mag from the Weatherby South Gate store. It was a "second" off the floor rack which was in front of the display window and next to the huge, life sized Polar bear mount in the center of the store. Roy Weatherby came out of his office and made the sale personally. Weatherby and I and my Dad posed for pictures in front of the bear mount with me holding the rifle and wearing a grin the likes of which I don't think I've had since. Have hunted that rifle all over North America and in 4 African countries over the years.

Again, no fuss, and no meaningful paperwork I can recall. Just a simple sale.

My how times have changed.

That’s such a cool story. Thanks.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3433 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
And it really scares me what my grandchildren will have to deal with 40 years from now. Once again,the NRA is our only bastion of freedom. If not a member yet then please join today.