New
Find
Notify
Tools

pics of IAB rifles
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Ok, here's the story; I can get one of these rifles very cheap, half of what a Pedersoli would cost.

I have heard a few bad things about them, that the bores are strange sized, that the finish is poor etc.

I had been spending a bit of time speaking to the bloke at IAB and he tells me the bores are of the correct diameter and that they get their barrels from the same guy Pedersoli does. Gamba.

From the photoes on their site and and pics of the rifles availiablee he sent me they seem to be very nicely finished, much nicer than the Pedersolis.

I figure for the money it's worth it, I wouldn't usually go about it like this but I figure I can always sell the gun for the same price I'll pay and get a Pedersoli if it shoots any worse than I can hold.

I don't know anything about these guns, but do they really look that bad?

www.iabarms.com

Posts: 2283 | Location: Aussie in Italy | Registered: 20 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of N. S. Sherlock
posted Hide Post
The internal lock parts are crude , poorly finshed, and improperly hardened and fitted. The springs are overpowered so as to drive the mess. Locks quickly quit working under those conditions. Even a starting gun of this company should be better. Call Mr L. Shaver, A BP Cartridge gunsmith, USA and spreak with him about lock repair findings and costs. The above is based on my very recent of helping a gnubigh get through a recent purchase of one IAB.

Posts: 2374 | Location: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote