New
Find
Notify
Tools

Price of guns going up
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
In the latest Shooters [journal]magazine ,weatherbys mk 5s, have gone up by 4 or 500 bucks, and Sauer 202 up by about $400.00 from some dealers, ughh thats a bit of a price spike !which wont help sell more guns, unless you use Kevins handout !

Posts: 625 | Location: Australia | Registered: 07 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
thats the problem you get when you have one importer for everything, as is now, or just about everything, and i cant see it getting better...i bought some primers the other day $62 for a 1000, not so long ago i was paying 30-35 for 1000...any wonder that people are buying online
i dont even bother buying projctiles from the gun shops here any more, its cheaper to order them from the U.S and they land on your front door step, no need even to drive to the gun store these days
Had a look at some 416 proj the other day Barnes tsx $99/50 Swift Aframe $116/50 go figure that

Posts: 1478 | Location: AUSTRALIA | Registered: 07 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bad Ass Wallace
posted Hide Post
There is a lot of merit in shooting old guns and cast bullets. Just stalk closer Roll Eyes

Hold still varmint; while I plugs yer!
If'n I miss, our band of 45/70 brothers, will fill yer full of lead!

Posts: 1785 | Location: Kingaroy, Australia | Registered: 29 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
Don't forget our $ is worth only 53c Euro.

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
M98 hit it right on the head .Our $ has been improving and most copanies in the states at least are discounting heavily,I found some interesting reading on the4scopes.com web site might be interesting to check out.

Posts: 157 | Location: N.E. Victoria Australia | Registered: 19 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Can't blame the dollar directly, just the greed associated with the change. Didn't see a comparable fall in prices when the Aussie dollar had parity with the USA not long ago. Same problem with petrol prices.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
i dont even bother buying projctiles from the gun shops here any more, its cheaper to order them from the U.S

Who in the US is still shipping projectiles. I thought they had stopped that to non US citizens or outside CONUS. Even when they were shipping, postage prices (since surface mail was abandoned) for heavier projectiles eat into the savings making the paperwork hardly worth the effort except for some difficult to obtain calibers or special premium stuff.