Find
Notify
Tools

I'm totally pissed off!
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Bad Ass Wallace
posted
Got a letter back from the QBSA today saying that my two 25 year old engineering diplomas will have to be "equated" against the modern equivalent TAFE course before they can renew my contractors licence.

I phoned them (steam comin out the ears) and asked what crap they were pullin because the fucken TAFE course is a twelve month P/T course (2hr lectures) as opposed to the 8 years P/T(3 hour lectures) I completed at Uni? Plus I completed a further 6 years P/T at TAFE in computer programming & business management. A totally higher level of engineering studies than fucken TAFE!

I told the un-helpfull dipshit on the phone that I didn't want to talk to the fucken parrot but to put his trainer on. I gave that prick an earfull too, but "there is nothing I can do sir thems the rules". Stupid cunt sounded like he was reading from a book.

Rang TAFE and told them the problem, that's easy sir we do an accelerated assessment on your qualifications. "How's that work?" I asked.

Well you bring in some work samples and provided you have the Uni qualifications you say, we will recommend that you be granted an exemption from the whole course. The interview will take approximately 45 minutes.

"HOWEVER BEFORE WE CAN GRANT YOU THE FUCKEN QUALIFICATION YOU HAVE TO PAY THE FULL COURSE FEES UP FRONT. $1490 for 45 minutes across a fucking table to evaluate dilpoma's that I already have. Fucken thieving cunts!!! They got me by the balls because I can't work without the license.

I always felt that as soon as the government starts regulating anything, sooner or later it's going to cost you fucking thousands of dollars. Well that's another good gun that will have to stay in the bloody gunshop!

Posts: 1785 | Location: Kingaroy, Australia | Registered: 29 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of HiWall
posted Hide Post
You ain't the only one BAW, this Qld Govt. has some sort of complex about leaving people alone. I have been in to the Dept. of Transport shipping office 5 times in the past 11 years to 'sort out' my Marine qualifications. Have held a ship masters certificate ininterrupted since 1974 and have had no hassles working in any state except for this one. Every visit has cost money and I have walked out with the 'correct' certificate (no change in qualifications) which I had to have to continue working in a job I have done for over 30 years.

It is bloody stupid - I have had no problems with my marine engineering qualifications which are administered by they same office and the certificates I have which where issued in other States have all been recognised for service in Queensland.

Posts: 323 | Location: Back Home in Aus. | Registered: 24 September 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Mate, go public! Give one of the "Current Affairs" shows a call.

Posts: 7975 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I rang the Housing Minister's office and got the royal "fuckoff", so I'm going to present my invoices to clients say for a $700 garage as follows;

Government fees & charges - $247
GST - $ 70
Materials & Printing - $ 22
Travel & site inspection - $140

Balance (my labour) - $SFA

At least the customer will know what he's paying for and can voice their discust at the ballot box!

Posts: 1785 | Location: Kingaroy, Australia | Registered: 29 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
And you will find all the failed practicioners or at least those with no practical experience have ended up teaching at TAFE too.

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RLI
posted Hide Post
they are nothing but thieves! Get the media involved "current affair" or "7:30 Report" and because Queensland is Labor consider going to the Liberal party ( I know they took our guns but may as well use them)and they may do something. Another way is say getting New Zealand to recognise your qualifications (just say you are going to set up business there )They will give you a recognised certificate/diploma/degree you then apply to Australian Federal government for a recognition of a foreign qualification ! and because it is approved by Federal government using their external powers Queensland can do nothing about it! I know it is a bit of running around but it would be cheaper. I did a correspondence gunsmithing course from USA years ago and got a certificate in gunsmithing so I applied for a recognition of a foreign qualification and got a DIPLOMA in the mail and is recognised in Australia!
RLI

Posts: 276 | Location: Victoria, Australia | Registered: 24 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You aren't alone in this maddening state BAW. I just found out last Sunday from a friend up country that all tree fallers are going to have to "certified". You can just bet that the certifier has never seen a tree drop nor possibly even walked in a forest. The course is a couple of weeks out of work ans several hundred dollars. My take on this,Just another friggin tax grab!! derf

Posts: 3450 | Location: Aldergrove,BC,Canada | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What next? an enviornmental impact study before you can let go a bloody good FART!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Some years back in Boston a band of disaffected citizens tossed some of the Kings tea in the harbor to voice their anger. Of course that led to other unpleasantries, but it seems that it was the right thing to do after all was said and done. There is a difference between evolution and revolution, and they both take many forms.

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
BAW,
Quit work and go on the dole. Spawn some illegitamate offspring and claim family benefits. Slip on the floor going up to lodge your dole form and scream "Whip Lash". All put together it will probably pay better than legitimate work.
Cheers...
Con

Posts: 2198 | Location: Australia | Registered: 24 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
BAW, Jeeezuz Christ!! That's f*cking crazy!! I have a mate who went through a similar thing to become licenced to do 'handyman work' He's a qualified builder, and if memory serves, he had to go through a 'certification course' to become a handyman (different license, apparently). My mate could build a friggin house from the ground up, including all the project management, all the trades bits - wiring, plumbing, tiling, Christ, you name it, and he had to go back to TAFE to become a bloody handyman capable of undertaking work valued at more than $200 !!!!!!

They're doing the same thing to one of the professions - most of the stuff they teach is f*cking obvious to anyone over the age of 3, but they target the whole thing at new graduates - rationale? Consistency of ability!! Show me a f*cking 23 year old girl who understands what it's like to be a 50 year old man in the Family Court fighting for survival, and I reckon you've got JC incarnate.

Maybe it's time for a friggin tea party - a la Boston!!

Mate, I'll man the bloody barricades with you!

Posts: 1275 | Location: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia | Registered: 02 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Con, you must have posted while I was writing - believe me DON'T spawn illegitimate offspring!!!!! Whether or not they're legitimate, Child Support Agency (CSA) gets involved - going on the dole doesn't work, because CSA has the nice little sting in it's tail that can 'deem' your income to be whatever it (the CSA) likes. So what! You say. Let's say you earnt 50K last year - the CSA 'deems' that you are capable of earning 50K this year (never mind the reality)! And you are assessed, and incur a debt, accordingly. They also have the legal right to take whatever money is in your bank account(s), assets, you name it, to satisfy any debt you may have. The fact that the rent is due, you don't have an income, and their actions will mean that you starve, or get evicted, doesn't count!! Don't mess with the CSA!! Off my soapbox!!

Posts: 1275 | Location: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia | Registered: 02 May 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
DD, DON'T give BadAss any ideas on revolution. I'm in the defence force and I would be called upon to put down that revolt, the last thing I want to do is storm his castle....... he has way too many guns

Posts: 7975 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well Bakes old sport, the thing to do then is point your guns in the same direction as his I'd guess. He might deem you worthy of friendship then. The Defense Force would in my eye, be the tool of your own oppression.

All seriousness aside, I really don't want you all to think I'm trying to stir up trouble, it's just that I wouldn't tolerate that crap and have difficulty understanding why so many people in so many countries do. In '69 I considered immigrating to Australia but when I saw the tax rate at 40% and incredibly insane bureaucratic hoops to hop through, well, "G'Day" to that. Love your beer though!

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post

I can see him know. Hunkered down behind the over turned holden, black powder smoke hanging in the air, the wife behind him loading up and handing him rifles, kids behind her hunched over the fire making more bullets

Yep we are over taxed, over governed, our two political party's are as bad as each other and we are made to vote even in fucken council elections our shooters party isn't worth a piece of shit, but all in all I kinda like the place

one of us
Picture of N. S. Sherlock
posted Hide Post
Where was the aggrieved when these requirements came into existence? How did such tryanny come to pass? It is a long time since....

Posts: 2374 | Location: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The little flags in BAW's front lawn are range marking flags. 100m,150m,200m etc.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Typically in Australia, 10% of people care about what's happening to the place and 90% don't give a fuck, they just watch tele and let the government advertising tell them what they need to know.
The little battlers that are trying to earn a living are being taxed to the fucken hilt and are never going to get anywhere unless they take their grievances to the media.
Then all the viewers say "Ah poor bastard". Now fuck off so we can watch Home & Away!

one of us
posted Hide Post
yep! And bloody Peter Garret gets dropped into a safe Labour seat (actually I have met the guy, and he's alright, but a little misguided when it comes to hunting).

I hate Little Johnny, and was going to vote Labour, now I don't know who my friends are!!

My Camry is available as a barricade!! By the way, don't fire over the roof, it knocks the paint off the rusty bits!! (true)

one of us
posted Hide Post
I second that I work in Commercial Repaint, Maintenance Shopping centres only, Dropped my Contractors Lic yrs ago, don't need it for that kind of work..I currently coulds not get my Lic back withought spending Thousands and doing hundreds of hours of Bullshit courses, and there is the new Acquire 100 points in a yr crap in NSWe.g 5 points for sitting for a 4 hr safety induction.. Guess who they come to to fix up the F**K ups by others, Moi mon cheri, Why Experience!!! and they pay for it..
Time to get on the Rock and Roll..
Luke in Oz
No F****g incentive to work anymore..

Luke in Oz

one of us
Picture of N. S. Sherlock
posted Hide Post
I don't think tune in, turn on, drop out works for the long run: i.e., your descendants. We both know this kind of creeping, corrosive, government meddling many complain of gets progressively worse. Like slime mold. The second American Revolution is coming because some here now smell the smoke in the air. We don't need no steenkin' international standards to tell us *hit flows downhill, 1/4" to the foot. Antipodals never had the first. And you better believe the smoke is in the air. The alternative is to get fitted for your own mao jacket, courtesy of your own "betters".

Posts: 2374 | Location: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The people of Aus. Canada and other countries don't have that Bill of Rights that the American forefathers had the good sense to write up and vote into being. Dan, you know how much I watch the goings on and even in the US I can see the govt. slowly eroding the rights of allegedly free people.
I think maybe the end is going to come for the US govt. because of their allowing the IRS to run wild and break several Federal laws dealing with Fed. taxes. With any luck if there is an uprising there will be some spillover to the north of the border! derf

Posts: 3450 | Location: Aldergrove,BC,Canada | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
Quote:

yep! And bloody Peter Garret gets dropped into a safe Labour seat (actually I have met the guy, and he's alright, but a little misguided when it comes to hunting).

Jesus Christ! - "a little misguided" !!!!!!!!

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Did you see Peter Garret get interviewed by Ray Martin the other night.
What a WANKER,he has completely sold out.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I guess we all hope that somewhere is better and less insane than where we live now.

I know Canada has managed to flush itself down the toilet.
( no offense to my Canadian friends), seems OZ is in the same boat!

Derf Talks about the Bill of Rights in the USA, but with Democrats like Bill Clinton, and especially!!!! Hillary Clinton running loose, the Bill of Rights and our Constitution is merely an minor legal inconvenience if they eve acknowledge its existance.

Sounds like Child Support Bullshit, is an Idealogical joke in OZ also. Government is out of hand, it seems like in any English Speaking country. It was in the 1200s, that the British first drafted the Magna Charta that was the foundation of the American Bill of Rights ( the first 10 Amendments) to the US Constitution.

As Ned Ludd, said, armed Revolution's smoke is already in the Air. Derf also acknowledged it and hoped it would spill over into Canada also.

I am not sure if I would take up arms against my government, but I dam sure know, if it ever happened, I definitely would not take up arms against those that revolt against the government the way it is ran now! I would not even stand in their way.

If it ever does happen, I hope a lot of these third world countries are going to be in a position to take a lot of their people back. Pakistanis back to Pakistan, Indians back to India, Chinese back to Hong Kong in Canada. Everyone wants to come into the USA and get on the welfare gravey train.

Notice how liberals are always coming up with Laws THAT DON'T APPLY TO THEM, yet the people they do apply to, are EXPECTED TO PAY FOR THEM ALSO. Then these self professed ".liberals" can sit around at cocktail parties and brag how they are improving the world.

As far as Taxes in the USA at least; I know enough about those. When I was born in 1952, the average American paid 4 cents out of every dollar he made into taxes to his government. Now the figure is 1200 % of that or 48 percent, ( state and federal). Yet there has not been a 1200 % increase in service supports. The national debt keeps getting larger each year. How long is economic collapse going to take to get here. I am sure Osama bin Laden knows this sort of stuff, and is just doing things to let the Western Countries destroy themselves from within.

IN the USA, the Internal Revenue Service has less scrutiny than any other governmental agency in the country, including the CIA and the National Security Council, or the FBI. It is the largest governmental agency in manpower with over 100,000 employees. It also has over a 50 % turn over per year. It also rules with intimidation instead of anything based in law. It will lie to the public, continually. The Governmental Accounting Office has continually admitted that 75 % of the public information given out by the IRS is wrong on an annual basis, but always to the benefit of the IRS not the citizen.

The IRS will even throw a citizen off of their primises, if they come in and ask the IRS to show them where they are legally liable to have to self assess themselves and to pay any income taxes at all. In there own 10,000 page Internal Revenue Code, there is no legal definition of income except "corporate profits". It also lists the system is voluntary, yet illegal prosecutes people annually for not "volunteering".

They legal have no seizure power either. Only Title A agents that are over Alcohol, Tabacco and Firearms have any legal seizure authority. NO one has any legal seizure authority over income taxes or anything else. Yet annually they seize millions upon millions of dollars Illegally!!!!

Government is meant to serve the people, not the people to serve the government! Most governmental workers loose site of that any more, especially if you have had to deal with anyone of their attitudes any time recently.

Joe Stalin gets the last laugh. We did not defeat, communism. We just engineered the collapse of the Soviet Union so the Democrats in the USA and the "liberal party" in other English speaking countries, could apply communism in our countries.

The revolution is coming I bet and it is the government that has given birth to it, and given it reason to live and grow.

seafire

Posts: 2889 | Location: Southern OREGON | Registered: 27 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nitro,

I was being facetious I met him years ago when I was also a muso, and at that level, he was OK.

Trouble is he's too opionated, and has a VERY high opinion of himself and what he thinks he knows! Problem is, he doesn't really know a lot, apart from what he's been fed - and that ain't much.

And if ever there was a person who 'sold out' it's Garrett!!

one of us
Picture of HiWall
posted Hide Post
Here is the man - straight into a safe Labor Seat, not a party member, not even on the Electoral Roll and another with poor recollection of facts -

Introducing Peter Garrett

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Print this page
Confusion still reigns as Garrett joins ALP
Luke McIlveen and Malcolm Farr
12jun04

PETER Garrett was overjoyed at joining the Labor Party yesterday � declaring it a "super significant day".

But he still couldn't explain why he has not appeared on the electoral roll for a decade.

Mr Garrett's first trip to Canberra as a Labor Party member was again overshadowed by revelations this week that he had not cast a meaningful vote since 1994.

After originally claiming that he had his details removed because of his membership in the Nuclear Disarmament Party in 1984, Mr Garrett tried to argue that he had taken steps to remove his details in the mid-1990s.

"My reason for going on the silent roll was the period of the Nuclear Disarmament Party," Mr Garrett said on Thursday. But yesterday the former Midnight Oil frontman changed his mind, saying "it looks like it was the mid-90s".

Regardless of the timing, Mr Garrett could not have been a "silent elector" without his name appearing on the roll. The Australian Electoral Commission only removes addresses � and only then in exceptional circumstances.

In his first Parliament House press conference, Mr Garrett declared his love for the Labor Party and played down the probability he would be fast-tracked to the shadow ministry.

"Today is a super significant day for me, I'm now a member of the Labor Party and I look forward to doing good work with that party in the run-up to this election, good work as a local member of parliament and good work on the issues that are important to me," he said.

Mr Garrett will spend the long weekend convincing voters in the inner-Sydney seat of Kingsford Smith that they should support him at the next election.

"I will move to that electorate, I will work in that electorate, I will surf in that ocean and I will drink in that pub," he said.

Earlier in the day, the ALP national executive met to formally ratify Mr Garrett's membership and endorse him as a candidate.

There was just one dissenting voice in the debate when Mr Garrett's membership and endorsement were considered.

That came from Joe De Bruyn, the conservative head of the Shop Distributive and Allied Employees Association.

Mr Garrett was supported by about seven speakers, including the assistant national secretary of the forestry section of the powerful CFMEU, Michael O'Connor.

Mr O'Connor's union initially had been strongly opposed to him because they believed his conservation policies would slash jobs for timber workers.

Mr Latham moved the Garrett motion and it was also supported by senior NSW Senator John Faulkner and inner-Sydney MP Anthony Albanese.

Outside, the new chum was delighted. "I have heard no concerns about my recruitment," Mr Garrett told reporters.

"I feel really confident that I've got the support of the Labor Party, and labour movement.

"I feel really good about the fact that I'm standing here ready to be a Labor Party candidate, ready to get stuck into the politics of the country."

"I just feel like it's a proud moment and I thank Mark Latham for his support."

privacy � Queensland Newspapers

Unfortunately there are people who will vote for him!

Posts: 323 | Location: Back Home in Aus. | Registered: 24 September 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Today is a super significant day for me, I'm now a member of the Labor Party and I look forward to doing good work with that party in the run-up to this election, good work as a local member of parliament and good work on the issues that are important to me," he said.

Says it all, doesn't it

posted Hide Post
Mates,
We, Australians are so subservient. lethargic and compliant with whatever Gov does to us these days that this is not funny !NSW became People's Republic long time ago ! Other States will follow soon or they are already following!
The System chips away our small liberties from us every day ! If we choose to go to public media with our grievances, not much will ever happen ! They will happily print out letters etc complains (Gives them free text and materials to publish) but The System will not react to this ! If Wallace will write about this license saga of his and if this will ever get published or aired in 60 minutes, he would let his steam off for a while, but nothing will ever change - The System wants just that - let Wallace get his steam off for a while and we will happily ignore his grievences and we will carry our business as usuall no matter what. No one will bend a finger here to help him ! I moved on to Oz, The Great Brown Land of Freedom 20 years ago from Eastern Europe Worker's Paradise only to find that I now went from under the rain right under the gutter ! The bad news are that I have no idea what to do in this situation now ! Pauline Hanson had tried to oppose the System and look what happened to her !

Les from Sydney

Posts: 33 | Location: Sydney Australia | Registered: 04 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Just got back from redneck country (Gympie)
Seems Ron Owen got voted into local government in March with the highest ever vote swing against a sitting member 91% of the vote he got.
Funny thing, the police dropped the fucken 86 charges against him for supposedly making illegal gun parts.
Seems he is now too 'high profile' in the media to proceed or these charges were a non event in the first place.
Ron has now launched a suit against the feds for his $4m buyback compensation from 1996 including compound interest at ATO rate of 12.3% comes to $6.31m.
That will fuck them!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
As long as he doesn't perish in a tragic accident!! derf

one of us
posted Hide Post
Councillor

Phone: (07) 5482 5070

Alt. Phone: (07) 5482 4099

Facsimile: (07) 5482 4718

Alt. Facsimile: (07) 5482 8689

E-mail: B3969976@spiderweb.com.au

Councillor Ron Owen

http://www.adelaideinstitute.org/Dissenters/owen.htm

one of us
posted Hide Post
Its a pity isn't it Les?

Let's say a 1000 years of medieval hardship and serfdom which we finally ended in the 20th century.

For the first time in human history the peasant class has equal rights with the ruling class.

And we are already handing back our rights the same century we earnt them!

For fuck's sake...

All I can say is the proof is in the pudding that a state of equality is something the average person does not deserve and cannot handle, otherwise we would not be handing anything back.

Karl.

Posts: 3530 | Location: various | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote