New
Find
Notify
Tools

Some on the water hunting
 Login/Join

Picture of Bakes
posted
Got these guys up near Tin Can Bay. Had about 5 hits from flathead and a few follows. All caught from my new kayak.

The flathead go 55 and 43cm and the whiting is 26.

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7976 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice Tony,
Good eatin there mate,
George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5944 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
My two favourite eating fish George.

A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7976 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwana_500
posted Hide Post
My son would be jealous. He's turning out to be a keen fisherman. I know how to drive a rifle and reload pretty well, and love to hunt. But I have no clue when it comes to fishing, so I haven't been much help to him when it comes to fuelling his interest in fishing,

Posts: 425 | Location: Australia | Registered: 03 September 2006Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
None of my immediate family fishes or hunts for that matter. I taught myself from reading magazines and just having a go. I used to cop a fair bit of crap for my love of fishing. I remember going on a drive one weekend with Mum and Dad (and girlfriend, now wife) we stopped on the Yass river to have a bbq and I had my rod with me (just in case). The "river" was really just a shallow creek with about a foot of water in it. As Dad fired up the bbq I got the rod and went for a fish. As I walked away I could hear Dad's laughter as he said "I wont catch anything in there. Well that laughter dried up when I returned 10 minutes later with half a kilo of brown trout. rotflmo

One of Us
Picture of gryphon1
posted Hide Post
Kayak?

About 15 years ago i drove up the beach from Noosa to Double Island Pt,walked up the hill and sat back on the cliff tops looking into the water from there and couldn't help noticing the tigers lazing 10' out from the shore.Its only around the corner from TCB!

I believe they love kayaks ha ha.

Posts: 87 | Location: Victoria Australia | Registered: 07 September 2002

Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Don't worry I was nervous enough. After 8 years in the NT I still get jumpy near mangroves and rivers. Big Grin I do believe there is a largeish salty in the Mary river which is just up the road. Eeker But I'm not worried about sharks. From what I understand about shark attack, you'll hear music just before they attack so I can just paddle to shore if I hear it dancing

One of Us
Picture of gryphon1
posted Hide Post
I can hear that fugn music as I type and I`m 2 hours from the sea ha ha.

Posts: 87 | Location: Victoria Australia | Registered: 07 September 2002

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
da dum, da dum, da dum jumping

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13160 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice catch tony

Bait or lures ????

Posts: 493 | Registered: 01 September 2010Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
On a nice little soft plastic. The whiting was on a nipper.