Tools

Kiwi view of the world
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted
Happy New Year all!

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12554 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That looks about right Frank, NZ, the centre of everywhere, and not even upside down as Saeed is so fond of saying !
Big Happy New Year to you and family too, and all our cuzzies and bros in the USA.

Hunting.... it's not everything, it's the only thing.

Posts: 2028 | Location: New Zealand's North Island | Registered: 13 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
That's kind of Mercator-gone-mad. Happy New Year!

PS: Did you know that Mercator is just the latinised version of the map-maker's surname: Kramer?

Posts: 4983 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Noice.
A friend on another forum just mentioned that he lives near Pukatea Bay. Looked it up. Like so many places in New Zealand -- WOW!

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16421 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
that part of the country is quite underrated. amazing open spaces and wonderful climate.

Posts: 4292 | Location: South Island NZ | Registered: 21 July 2008Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill/Oregon:
Noice.
A friend on another forum just mentioned that he lives near Pukatea Bay. Looked it up. Like so many places in New Zealand -- WOW!

I like reading old sailing and whaling books.

I do this on my iPad.

When I see a name of a place, I look it up on Google Earth!

Fascinating!

Especially some utterly remote islands in the Pacific.

I always wondered how the hell did these people get there!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67061 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A STORK brought them-----the same as everybody else!

Hip

Posts: 1834 | Location: Long Island, New York | Registered: 04 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:
Originally posted by Bill/Oregon:
Noice.

I like reading old sailing and whaling books.

I do this on my iPad.

When I see a name of a place, I look it up on Google Earth!

Fascinating!

Especially some utterly remote islands in the Pacific.

I always wondered how the hell did these people get there!

You can still see where some of those old whaling stations were up in the top end of the south island. They used that area to ambush the whales as they swam though the cook straight

Posts: 4292 | Location: South Island NZ | Registered: 21 July 2008Reply With Quote