THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOWN UNDER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Australian and New Zealand Hunting    Help!! Might be headed to NZ with the next 2 wks

Moderators: Bakes
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help!! Might be headed to NZ with the next 2 wks
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of graybird
posted
All:

I just heard word that I might be headed to New Zealand next week (April 1 or 2). I'll be coming from Hawaii where I have a meeting that I'll be leaving for on Saturday, March 28th.

My host in New Zealand has offered to take me tahr hunting, with possibly red stag too, and do a bit of fishing while there.

If I were to bring my own rifle, do I need a SAP 4457 form similar to travel to/from Africa? Or, would it be best to just borrow a rifle from my host?

Thanks,

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations. Please read the following info from the NZ Police site as it pertains to visitors. Basically, a licence costs $25 and you just turn up at the airport Police station. http://www.police.govt.nz/service/firearms/

It DOES help the Police if you notify them before you suddenly turn up. The key piece of advice is on this site - http://www.huntersparadise.co.nz/firearms.asp

Also make sure that your customs people have the data on your rifle - helps a LOT getting back into the US.

Arte et Marte

Posts: 116 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 09 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
Thanks KimW9!!

I appreciate the help!!

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote