Notify
Tools

How aussie are you?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of shehuntz
posted
Hi People.
just thought i'd pop this here for a laugh.
Its a quiz on the aussie language.
How aussie r u?

Animal Art Taxidermy.

Posts: 227 | Location: Australia. | Registered: 23 March 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
I got one wrong! Number 18, never heard of that one before.

Question 9 nearly had me....I was looking for another answer sofa

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7990 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of steve_s
posted Hide Post
Wooohooo I failed, definitely not an aussie- THANK GOD Wink

Posts: 77 | Location: Nelson, New Zealand | Registered: 06 September 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yes ,got 18 wrong as well. I suppose I did alright for an import.

Sympathy please ,I have champagne tastes and beer budget

Posts: 618 | Location: Singleton ,Australia | Registered: 28 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
quote:
You got 19 answers right.
You got 1 answers wrong.
You're a little ripper!
You have a near perfect grasp of the colourful gab and can probably make yourself understood in most social occasions, such as Gazza's weekly Barbie... but I bet you can't throw a boomerang!

I also got question 18 wrong.

I managed to dumb down significantly enough to guess the answers. But I can throw a boomerang (plus a woomera and spear) and it does come back.

John H.

NitroExpress.com - the net's double rifle forum

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
Well , this is pretty scary really .. Mad

I put on the funny hat I bought in Brissy , sat on the beach towel I got in Surfers , practised the funny accent that youse fullas all spik , remembered me grandad was a born and bred ocker- and f**k - I got the same as Nitrox !!!!!

Does that mean we are like equal now mate , cos I dont know that I want a labotomy that badly , and whilst my standards arent all that high , I was planning on sticking to them for the rest of me days if possible..... jump

Old enough to know better

Posts: 4462 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Only number 18 wrong as well . Must be a Victorian term .

The hunting imperative was part of every man's soul; some denied or suppressed it, others diverted it into less blatantly violent avenues of expression, wielding clubs on the golf course or racquets on the court, substituting a little white ball for the prey of flesh and blood.
Wilbur Smith

Posts: 916 | Location: L.H. side of downunder | Registered: 07 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of steve65
posted Hide Post
Got them all right Big Grin beer

You got 20 answers right.
You got 0 answers wrong.
You're a bottler, mate!
You are a fair dinkum, ridgy didge, dinky die, true blue, dyed-in-the-wool Ocker-like strine speaker. Well bugger me, you could probably even play a didgeridoo and know the proper way to twirl a billy. Goodonya. Get us another stubbie while you're up, will ya... and have one yourself while you're at it!

Cheers
Steve

Posts: 125 | Location: malmsbury,vic,australia | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Easy_Rollins
posted Hide Post
You got 20 answers right.
You got 0 answers wrong.
You're a bottler, mate!
You are a fair dinkum, ridgy didge, dinky die, true blue, dyed-in-the-wool Ocker-like strine speaker. Well bugger me, you could probably even play a didgeridoo and know the proper way to twirl a billy. Goodonya. Get us another stubbie while you're up, will ya... and have one yourself while you're at it!

Didn't have to come down from my ivory tower tho Nitro,I thunk pretty hard.

Big Grin

Regards,Shaun.

Kids in the back seat cause accidents,accidents in the back seat cause kids.

Posts: 479 | Location: Brisbane,Australia. | Registered: 28 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
I guess I'm not even allowed to visit! All I got was:

You must tell us your name! Please go back and try again!

The only thing I knew for sure was what a "Pom Bastard" is.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12578 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
GBig Grinay All
I Also got number 18 wrong ,i think whoever made this quizz up must have been tellin a porky pie with that question,!!

one of us
Picture of TrackersNZ
posted Hide Post
You'll be apples! Well... nearly anyway.
You will communicate fairly effectively with the native population, but they will still mutter "bloody yank" when you walk out of the pub.

FAILED MISERABLY, THANK GOODNESS.

...."At some point in every man's life he should own a Sako rifle and a John Deere tractor....it just doesn't get any better...."

Posts: 630 | Location: Hawera, Taranaki, New Zealand | Registered: 17 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of invader66
posted Hide Post
Just fo fun, 13 right--7 wrong. No wonder I get confused on this forum Big Grin
gene

Semper Fi
WE BAND OF BUBBAS
STC Hunting Club

Posts: 1684 | Location: Walker Co,Texas | Registered: 27 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
20 out o 20
no wuckas
hadn't heard 13 before or 18 but still got them right.
Bakes hahaha

Posts: 787 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 15 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I got 16 right. Not bad for a guy in Montana whose only been to Australia once. Don't tell my relatives in Sydney.

Posts: 763 | Location: Montana | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TOP_PREDATOR
posted Hide Post
I got 16 right not good sofa

"Never in the field of human conflict
was so much owed by so many to so few." Sir Winston Churchill

Posts: 1871 | Location: Throughout the British Empire | Registered: 08 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of GreybeardBushman
posted Hide Post
I still like the bouncing boubbies

Ah, yeah, too much beer.

Posts: 728 | Location: The Wimmera, Victoria, Australia | Registered: 01 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gidday Guys,

I have got two Aussies staying with me at the mo. They scored 9 between them.

What worries me is the fact that I got 19 and I'm 100% Kiwi. Does this mean I'm now officially bilingual?

Happy Hunting

Hamish

Posts: 588 | Location: christchurch NZ | Registered: 11 June 2005Reply With Quote