Find
Notify
Tools

Wanted - ZKK601 sight
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hi all

A mate is after a pop-up aperture sight for a ZKK-601. He has found an action but the sight is missing.

Thanks in advance

Ian

Posts: 62 | Location: Adelaide, Australia | Registered: 21 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BwanaBob
posted Hide Post
Good luck finding a replacement. Unfortunately, in the past, some BRNO owners felt that they had to remove the aperture to make room for their scope mounts and then, promptly, lost the aperture. Just the same as many of them lost the spare trigger, too. Which is just a huge shame.

If you can borrow another BRNO with an aperture sight, you will see that it is not a complex part. I am not a skilled machinist or gunsmith, but, some years back when I found a ZKK600 without the aperture, I managed to make a replacement. Making a new aperture, or getting a gunsmith to do it for you, is probably the only option you have because there are other ZKK owners out there looking for apertures and triggers to replace the ones lost by former owners.

"White men with their ridiculous civilization lie far from me. No longer need I be a slave to money" (W.D.M Bell)
www.cybersafaris.com.au

Posts: 909 | Location: Blackheath, NSW, Australia | Registered: 26 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What is your mate looking to pay for one of these?

Posts: 6815 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: 18 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
He hasn't told me a price limit. If you have a sight let me know what you are thinking and I'll pass the info on.

Ian

Posts: 62 | Location: Adelaide, Australia | Registered: 21 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've got one but it would come off a rifle. So ask him what he wants to pay and I'll give him a "yes" or "no".

Posts: 6815 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: 18 November 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
Here's one. Expensive, not mine:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Aucti...m.asp?Item=118262006

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks! That is expensive, but I suppose cheaper than having one made. Mine would be less than the vendor's "Buy It Now" price, that is sure. But an insured, trackable, delivery service would be required. If any Forum Member is interested I'll get a quotation on delivery cost and cover.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi Ian

There used to be a guy named John Neville who operated as a gunsmith in NSW. He called himself Tanta Gunsmithing and from memory he was based at Tantawangalo (sp?). Not sure if he is still operating tho. He did a fair bit of work on Brno's. He wrecked a nice 1967 602 action of mine many years ago and had to replace it with a CZ 550. The 602 had the peep site so maybe its in a box of rubbish somewhere in his shop.

Cheers.

GG

Posts: 500 | Location: Queensland, Australia | Registered: 07 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Its more common to find ZKK60?s without the peeps these days than with. I know from when I had a 602 with the peep that I reckoned some time with a hack saw, files , drill bits & a suitable block of steel, it wouldn't be too hard to replicate said peep. The photos on gunbroker as posted up by fla3006 tend to bear this out IMHO.
Steve

Posts: 540 | Location: Nelson, New Zealand | Registered: 07 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
EnfieldSpares, thanks for the offer but after searching for weeks my mate has suddenly found two to chose from locally at good prices.

Cheers

Ian

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
EnfieldSpares, thanks for the offer but after searching for weeks my mate has suddenly found two to chose from locally at good prices.

No problems. I hope he snapped them up? Things like that don't often "knock twice"!

posted Hide Post
I just made this aperture for my 601, using mild steel and a file

I've done a bit of finishing since the pic. I made the mounting tang seperately and brazed it onto the front, using a mirco torch, rather than carve the whole thing out of a block. Fiddly work.