Find
Notify
Tools

Hell froze over also?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted
I just saw where Melbourne had a good snowfall. They were showing roo's bouncing around in the snow on the telly here in California.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12552 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of GreybeardBushman
posted Hide Post
Its a pity it didn't snow or rain out here in the Wimmera.

That "moniker" under your name would be hard to look at all day. Wink

Greybeard

Posts: 728 | Location: The Wimmera, Victoria, Australia | Registered: 01 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
Hope Johnny Howard went jogging or power walking and his nuts froze off.

John H.

NitroExpress.com - the net's double rifle forum

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of T3Shooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NitroX:
Hope Johnny Howard went jogging or power walking and his nuts froze off.

What nuts?

Ladies and gentlemen, when I was a young boy I dreamed of being a baseball. But we have to go forward, not backwards, upwards, not forwards, and always twirling, twirling, twirling, towards freedom!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
G'day, Snow, what snow? there was absolutely NO evidence, presented to either the minister in question, or to Parliment, that there has ever been any snow in Australia! The Prime Minister has never been informed of any snowfalls! The Government has evidence, the source of which we we cannot reveal, which proves that there has never been any snow in Australia.

Cheers, Dave.
Non Illegitium Carborundum.

Cheers, Dave.

Aut Inveniam Viam aut Faciam.

Posts: 6716 | Location: The Hunting State. | Registered: 08 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Someone must think it snows. I understand they are putting together a 100mil improvement at Mt. Hotham.

Posts: 6277 | Location: Not Likely, but close. | Registered: 12 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of T3Shooter
posted Hide Post
I don’t care about snow, but who started the rumour that our prime minister has balls?

Ladies and gentlemen, when I was a young boy I dreamed of being a baseball. But we have to go forward, not backwards, upwards, not forwards, and always twirling, twirling, twirling, towards freedom!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don’t care about snow, but who started the rumour that our prime minister has balls?

It is lies all lies! the closest the dwarf has ever come to having balls!Was as a child he ran away from home & was discovered in a traveling freak show wearing false Testicals!(only thing that has changed is the freak show is now in Parlament house)

all times wasted wot's not spent shootin

Posts: 569 | Location: Flinders Ranges. South Australia | Registered: 26 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Parliment house is a freak show? I thought it was the Circus! I was going to take my kid there to throw peanuts to the performing monkeys! And now Kim is back, the tame elephant! And Bronwyn, the bearded lady?
Damn!
Maybe we can go to a real Circus, after all, State paliment sits soon.

Cheers, Dave.
Non Illegitium Carborundum

Cheers, Dave.

Posts: 6716 | Location: The Hunting State. | Registered: 08 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Actually, now you mention it, there IS an important difference between Parliment and the Circus. The Circus isn't run by the Clowns!

Cheers, Dave.
Non Illegitium Carborundum

Cheers, Dave.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
After seeing little johnny stand up besides Bill McGrath and tell us how safe he was making Australia by "buying back" our guns--- my blood still boils over that---- I knew he had to be nutless.

Posts: 728 | Location: The Wimmera, Victoria, Australia | Registered: 01 August 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bad Ass Wallace
posted Hide Post
The following is an actual question given on a University of Washington chemistry mid-term. The answer by one student was so "profound" that the professor shared it with colleagues, via the Internet, which is, of course, why we now have the pleasure of enjoying it as well.

Bonus Question: Is Hell exothermic (gives off heat) or endothermic (absorbs heat)?

Most of the students wrote proofs of their beliefs using Boyle's Law (gas cools when it expands and heats when it is compressed) or some variant. One student, however, wrote the following:

First, we need to know how the mass of Hell is changing in time. So we need to know the rate at which souls are moving into Hell and the rate at which they are leaving. I think that we can safely assume that once a soul gets to Hell, it will not leave. Therefore, no souls are leaving. As for how many souls are entering Hell, let's look at the different Religions that exist in the world today. Most of these religions state that if you are not a member of their religion, you will go to Hell. Since there is more than one of these religions and since people do not belong to more than one religion, we can project that all souls go to Hell.With birth and death rates as they are, we can expect the number of souls in Hell to increase exponentially.Now, we look at the rate of change of the volume in Hell because Boyle's Law states that in order for the temperature and pressure in Hell to stay the same, the volume of Hell has to expand proportionately as souls are added. This gives two possibilities:

1. If Hell is expanding at a slower rate than the rate at which souls enter Hell, then the temperature and pressure in Hell will increase until all Hell breaks loose.

2. If Hell is expanding at a rate faster than the increase of souls in Hell, then the temperature and pressure will drop until Hell freezes over. So which is it?

If we accept the postulate given to me by Teresa during my Freshman year that, "it will be a cold day in Hell before I sleep with you, and take into account the fact that I slept with her last night, then number 2 must be true, and thus I am sure that Hell is exothermic and has already frozen over. The corollary of this theory is that since Hell has frozen over, it follows that it is not accepting any more souls and is therefore, extinct...leaving only Heaven thereby proving the existence of a divine being which explains why, last night, Teresa kept shouting "Oh my God."

THIS STUDENT RECEIVED THE ONLY "A"

Hold still varmint; while I plugs yer!
If'n I miss, our band of 45/70 brothers, will fill yer full of lead!

Posts: 1785 | Location: Kingaroy, Australia | Registered: 29 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of oneills
posted Hide Post
I don't know about Hell freezing over but South Gippsland Victoria sure did. here are some pictures of Korumburra on Wednesday. My father said it was about fifty years ago when we last had this much snow.

Posts: 73 | Location: Vic, Australia | Registered: 19 November 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Nice pics looks cold....lovely part of the country l lived there for a while in the late 60s early 70s.Bet its grown now ....cheers

Posts: 11 | Location: Melbourne ,Australia | Registered: 23 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
BAW,
No wonder that kid got an A. i thought it very, VERY funny.

Wonder if i could use it----
think I will.