New
Find
Notify
Tools

400gr Woodleigh .458 loads
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I need loads for a .458WM using AA2230[prefferably] or any other powder.Thank's Dan

Posts: 201 | Location: Mackenzie BC | Registered: 15 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
70 to 74 grains of 2206H depending on how much you can fit in wiyhout compressing it too much Winchester cases hold more powder.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi: Who makes 2206H? Thank's Dan

Posts: 201 | Location: Mackenzie BC | Registered: 15 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
Dan

2206h is an ADI powder - Australian made .

I have emailed you a link to the ADI website and their calibre listings. There is a cross-referance chart in there as well - many ADI powders are sold as Hodgdon powder in the USA. the chart shows the comparisons with others for compatability.

You must have some big bears up there huh?

Old enough to know better

Posts: 4457 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great link Muzza. I sold my 416 Rigby and now have 2 .458 WM one Brno602 which i am trying to sell as i also traded for a 19" barreled Whitworth a handy little bush gun. The 602 really should be a Lott cause the action is long. We have a few big bruins around for sure but the .458 is great because it seems to be made for cast bullets and plinking. I found some of the Woodleighs and just had to try them.I just finished a bunch of cast loads and if the snow stops i might make it to the range today.Dan

One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
No problems Dan - forums are here to help us find information.

Hope you get a suitable load worked up , and when you snot a bear with it we want pictures...

Old enough to know better

Posts: 4457 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
And this time pictures you will get. I am going to figure out how to post them. Dan

One of Us
posted Hide Post
HI Guys, sorry i've been away, 2206H is H4895 to you over there, Look at www.adi-limited.com We have Bears too ! They are called Koala's and they taste like Bald Eagles . Only kidding,Cheers
quote:
Originally posted by muzza:
Dan

2206h is an ADI powder - Australian made .

I have emailed you a link to the ADI website and their calibre listings. There is a cross-referance chart in there as well - many ADI powders are sold as Hodgdon powder in the USA. the chart shows the comparisons with others for compatability.

You must have some big bears up there huh?