THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOWN UNDER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Australian and New Zealand Hunting    Re: WTB / WTS/ Swap in Australia or New Zealand

Moderators: Bakes
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: WTB / WTS/ Swap in Australia or New Zealand
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
hey eric-what you huntin for--e-mail me--cd

Posts: 510 | Location: pa | Registered: 07 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What sort of stuff do you want to trade ??

Posts: 7505 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bad Ass Wallace
posted Hide Post
Just thought I would start a thread for everyone to use, if you are looking for something or if you have something for sale, we all have contacts and sources, if we don't have the item ourselves.

I got about 40 rifles to move this year, including 4 Ruger No 1's - 45/120, 404 Jeffery, 340 Wetherby & 270 Ackley Improved. Consider trades for good single shots BPCR or collectable Winchesters. All with cases, dies etc.

Other Items:
Brno 602 300 Win Mag
Ruger 77 Mk 1 - 22/250 6-18x Scope
Martini 22 Magnum
6.5x55 Sporter with 4-12x56 Scope
P14 303/25
Sako 17 Rem
Sako 222 Rem

Military:
308 Omark scoped
303's No 4 & No 1
303 Martini's (4)
M17 30.06
FN 30.06
Nagant
Asisaka
88 Commission (1890)
303 Martini's (4)
Kropercheck
22 Rimfires (7)

Lots of bits & pieces

Posts: 1785 | Location: Kingaroy, Australia | Registered: 29 April 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Mate if I weren't pumping my money into another project, I'd be interested in a few of those.

Posts: 7979 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a set of mint Lee dies(RGB)will swap/sell for a set of .308 dies.Only reloaded about 100 .243's and sold the rifle.
Dumb move,I should of rebarreled it.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Jeez Eric,

My ex flipped her lid when I bought my son his 223, made for a total of 3 guns currently in possession, and a grand total of 8 guns purchased over nearly 30 years, plus basic (as in RCBS Partner press, Lee rgb dies, etc) reloading gear. Christ almighty, If ever you decide to let your missus off the leash, as in permanently, I want to marry her!!

Still chuckling over the pics you sent me! I've also sent a pm.

Pete

Posts: 1275 | Location: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia | Registered: 02 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
Quote:

I got about 40 rifles to move this year

Bad Ass

Maybe this is why the copper said he considered you a dealer.

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
Quote:

4 Ruger No 1's - 404 Jeffery
303's No 4 & No 1
303 Martini's (4)
88 Commission (1890)

How much for any of these?
The 303's what condition - full wood, cut down etc?
Condition of the Martinis and 88's?

PM me, not public forum. Thanks.

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nah, I sort of got sick and tired of oiling 152 every 3 months and made a concious decision to reduce to 99. Then I would like to buy me one more - either an original Winchester 1885 highwall or an 1886 Winchester lever in 38/56.
I've been buying for about 35years and you know how it is you see a better one and the first just goes to the back of the cupboard and before you know it you got 152! and you think "Shit I better rationalise and get the numbers down"

I like to do this one at a time and about 2 weeks apart; that way the bloody coppers will be printing my 21 page manifest all bloody year. It will sent them beserk

Posts: 1785 | Location: Kingaroy, Australia | Registered: 29 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
BAW,

all I have to move att he minute is a;

6.5x55 M38 swede all matching non bubbarised with dies etc.
a Brno 602 .375 barrel Cut to 22" and recrowned
A set of Reyes 16 oz Boxing gloves cost me $360AUS that I want to offload to help finance my Jeffery project

one of us
posted Hide Post
Email me details /price etc
I am section captain for military rifle and the lads are always lookinf for good service rifles. Likewise good big game rifles are few & far between and I often have inquiries for them.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Wallace are you able to send a photo or more info on this Ruger No 1 - 45/120 I have an Genuine 1886 win not willing to part with I looked for 2 years to track one down UNLESS also wanted any 303's sniper or scopes top dollar for any enfield l42a1 sniper (I know there is not much left out there got to ask)

Posts: 115 | Location: Hills of North Qld | Registered: 30 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
BAW
What`s the 404 Jeff you want to offload?

Posts: 789 | Location: Australia | Registered: 24 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ruger No 1 404. Rebarrelled 22/250 with 27" Douglas barrel ( long time before Ruger thought of it)
Has 70 RWS cases, dies (Peter Davern), projectiles. Fired about 100 jacketed rounds and about 600 paper patched lead rounds.
When jacketed got too dear, I devised a method of paper patching Tiapan 416 jacketed to 425 and shot them as full loads with excellent accuracy
Alan Swan of Brisbane did all the smithing. The SSAA Big Game Section folded in Brisbane about 6 years ago so I don't use it now.
Asking $950 ono for the package.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Ruger No1 - 28" Douglas heavy octoganal barrel (1-14")
Custom french claro walnut stock
10x Lyman all american scope in Ruger mounts
RCBS 4 die set including trim die
70 RCBS cases
BPCR sillouette won't let me use it because it doesn't have exposed hammer (stupid rule)
Will exceed specs for 458Lott with jacketed bullets

Far Canal supposed to be over this week and I'm hoping he will bring his digital camera for some pics

Asking $1800 ono

one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm ahead of you it's in the truck,maybe tomorrow.

one of us
posted Hide Post
She' one pretty girl,lovely timber.

Cute Butt.

one of us
posted Hide Post
303 Martini's have all had the breach blocks refurbished

One of Us
posted Hide Post
BAW,

I am away for work at the minute mate when I get to my home PC on Friday night I will e-mail the details to you.

Regards PC

P.S not interested in the Reyes Gloves at all

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Also what nics the 602 .300 in ??

Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
BAW
There's a guy at work that may be interested in one of your rifles. I'll speak to him on monday and let you know.

Posts: 7979 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote