New
Find
Notify
Tools

Back from the hunt
 Login/Join

Picture of Bakes
posted
Had a good trip, 7 pigs 2 donkeys. No real big pigs in the lot. I did miss a big boar The dogs went well, went out with Gary Hall and his two sons Matt and Steve. The donkeys were tough to put down (took my 6.5)One thing I noticed, I was cutting up a donkey leg for dog tucker and noticed the shape of the thigh bone. It has what I can only describe as two spurs on it, like the handle of a sword, something I've never noticed on a cow thigh bone.

Posts: 7976 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shehuntz
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear you had a successful trip bakes.

Posts: 227 | Location: Australia. | Registered: 23 March 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Sam, dropped a nice donkey for you, but it was late in the afternoon and we still had a 5k walk back to the vehicles to do, so the capping was postponed. We're making plans to go to another place that I can drive the vehicle up to the fallen donkey, I'll remove the cape then. As it was there were ALOT of bullet holes in it, they are one tough animal The lungs were destroyed and it kept its feet

Posts: 7976 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bad Ass Wallace
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Had a good trip, 7 pigs 2 donkeys.

Darn site better result than my fishing. Far canel it was cold in the 30-40k s/wester.

Posts: 1785 | Location: Kingaroy, Australia | Registered: 29 April 2002Reply With Quote