New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger No1's - Love 'em or hate'em?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
What do you think of the Ruger single shot?

Here is a peek inside ONE of the cupboards belonging to a certain Forum member.
I'm told this isn't all his No1's.

<gary_hall>
posted

I haven't got one, but I'd love one in 45/70. Would this certain Forum member miss one?

The photos is of my mate Troy with one of the skinniest, flee bitten hogs you'd ever see, (but with a reasonable set of tusks).

Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
I like them. Guy down the road has one in 458winmag, I've sold him on the idea of a chambering job to the Lott. I'd like to own one but could never pick a calibre One in 25-06 would be nice.

Posts: 7979 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
<gary_hall>
posted
Bakes.

I've seen the way you shoot and they don't make them in a shotgun

Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Don't start on me, or I'll tell everybody about your handi work with a rifle

Posts: 7979 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
Ive had one in .220 Swift for the last fifteen years , not the lightest gun I own but surely the most fun to make things explode with . Just a tad noisey with it ...

Posts: 4458 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of choppa
posted Hide Post
I have a stainless No 1 stainless\laminate in 375H&H beautiful rifle, needs a scope, open sights are bloody useless, well balanced and stock design makes it very managable to shoot. Very happy with her.

Posts: 137 | Location: Australia Vic Woorarra | Registered: 20 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hobie
posted Hide Post
Choppa,

How much does she actually weigh?

Posts: 2324 | Location: Staunton, VA | Registered: 05 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a couple here at home, one is on its way back having been chambered in 30-30. Thats gonna be fun.

Posts: 2045 | Location: West most midwestern town. | Registered: 13 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
All I see is a Sako Vixen and some background noise.

nice sako.

Posts: 902 | Location: Denver Colderado | Registered: 13 May 2001Reply With Quote