Find
Notify
Tools

Darwin Jun 7
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
What to do while waiting on the plane out of Darwin? homer
We'll have finished our hunt and will have approx 24 hrs in Darwin. What should we do/should we avoid?

Pancho
LTC, USA, RET

"Participating in a gun buy-back program because you think that criminals have too many guns is like having yourself castrated because you think your neighbors have too many kids." Clint Eastwood

Give me Liberty or give me Corona.

Posts: 931 | Location: Roswell, NM | Registered: 02 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Staying in Darwin for the 24 or prepared to travel around some?

Posts: 109 | Location: Jabiru NT | Registered: 24 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of darwinmauser
posted Hide Post
A Saturday night in Darwin ....should'nt be to hard to have a good night out. Mitchel street gets pretty lively from about 11pm.

It's mercy, compassion and forgiveness I lack; not rationality.

Posts: 2414 | Location: Humpty Doo NT Australia | Registered: 18 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Take a fishing charter for a day Pancho ... if you are into that?

Cheers
Matt

A day spent in the bush is a day added to your life
Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - Facebook
Hunt Australia - TV

Posts: 4456 | Location: Australia | Registered: 23 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Travel round? Mitchell St.? Fishing Charter? All this sounds good. More details pls.

Pancho
LTC, USA, RET

"Participating in a gun buy-back program because you think that criminals have too many guns is like having yourself castrated because you think your neighbors have too many kids." Clint Eastwood

Posts: 931 | Location: Roswell, NM | Registered: 02 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of darwinmauser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pancho:
Travel round? Mitchell St.? Fishing Charter? All this sounds good. More details pls.

Mitchel street _ lots of night clubs,scads of foreign tourists( lots of backpackers),some good eating establishments and bars, I'd recommend you check out a night club called "Throb" you'll enjoy it. Big Grin

It's mercy, compassion and forgiveness I lack; not rationality.

Posts: 2414 | Location: Humpty Doo NT Australia | Registered: 18 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Pancho

If you want to do a fishing charter just send me an email and I will 'hook you up'! We have been booking a boat up ther that fishes four people max. Very inexpensive.

Cheers
Matt

A day spent in the bush is a day added to your life
Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - Facebook
Hunt Australia - TV

Posts: 4456 | Location: Australia | Registered: 23 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
A day trip to Yellow Waters in Kakadu and a jumping crocodile cruise on the Adelaide River would be worthwhile.

John H.

NitroExpress.com - the net's double rifle forum

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thks Nitro but I think something a little more participatory was what I had in mind.

Pancho
LTC, USA, RET

One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pancho:
Thks Nitro but I think something a little more participatory was what I had in mind.

You could try and see if you can get saltwater crocs jumping yourself ... fishing rotflmo

John H.

NitroExpress.com - the net's double rifle forum

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You could try and see if you can get saltwater crocs jumping yourself ...

Awright Nitro - leaving tomorrow, arr Darwin on the 31st. Gonna make them salties jump. Can they be taught any other tricks? Anyone wanna watch?

Pancho
LTC, USA, RET