New
Find
Notify
Tools

Electrified snake
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted

Posts: 39 | Location: Sydney, Australia | Registered: 23 June 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
HA, you beat me to that one Scott. I have that pic but had to wait for hunt 101 to come back on line to post it beer

For those interested. Its an African rock python caught in a game farm fence, so I'm told.

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7981 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Venom or no venom I wouldn't like to get bitten by that bastard . Eeker

The hunting imperative was part of every man's soul; some denied or suppressed it, others diverted it into less blatantly violent avenues of expression, wielding clubs on the golf course or racquets on the court, substituting a little white ball for the prey of flesh and blood.
Wilbur Smith

Posts: 916 | Location: L.H. side of downunder | Registered: 07 November 2004Reply With Quote
<JOHAN>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by Bushchook:
Venom or no venom I wouldn't like to get bitten by that bastard . Eeker

African rock python kills it pray by constriction like all snakes of the Boidae family. All snakes in Boidae family and subspecies (Pythoninae, Xenopeltinae, Boinae, Erycinae) are non-venomous. fangs on picture is for "stuffing down the dinner" and can also deliver painful bite. Rock pythons are quite aggressive.

One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Yikes, looks painful! I found a dead garter snake on some of my fencing this spring. It wasn't biting the wire but it was a small snake and aparantly could not get off the wire and eventually died.

~Ann

Posts: 19172 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of baboon
posted Hide Post
Last June while stalking eland in R.S.A.we came across a very large snake print in some sand.It was a good 7 inch track.Instantly I had visions of a large tanned snake skin in the trophy room.Once it got out of the sand it became to hard to track.Of coarse the P.H. would rather get a percentage from an eland then a snake,as snake generally are not see nor hunted.

Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war;
That this foul deed shall smell above the earth
With carrion men, groaning for burial.

Posts: 1107 | Location: Houston Texas | Registered: 06 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bakes:
HA, you beat me to that one Scott. I have that pic but had to wait for hunt 101 to come back on line to post it beer

For those interested. Its an African rock python caught in a game farm fence, so I'm told.

Bakes, thanks for posting the details. I didnt know much about it except that it can untangle its bloody self.

Posts: 39 | Location: Sydney, Australia | Registered: 23 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CaneCorso
posted Hide Post
Damn...that thing would make a great pair of boots with the teeth studding the sides....

~~~

Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
1 Corinthians 16:13

Posts: 622 | Location: CA, USA | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Tex21
posted Hide Post
That is one big ass snake you got there!

Jason

"Chance favors the prepared mind."

Posts: 1449 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: 24 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rock Python!!!-----with bloody teeth like that, I wouldn't be surprised if it ate rocks for dinner
Malcolm56

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Please tell me it's dead !

Posts: 497 | Location: PA | Registered: 24 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Johan ,
Yeah I know pythons aren't venomous (believe me most of us that live in rural Oz know something about snakes . We have about 8 out of the 10 most venomous snakes in the World) but he's got bloody big teeth (fangs for the pedantic) and lots of them .

The hunting imperative was part of every man's soul; some denied or suppressed it, others diverted it into less blatantly violent avenues of expression, wielding clubs on the golf course or racquets on the court, substituting a little white ball for the prey of flesh and blood.
Wilbur Smith

Posts: 916 | Location: L.H. side of downunder | Registered: 07 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of poletax
posted Hide Post
Check out the Mother-in-Law thread in the Small Game Forum.

My Strength Is That I Can Laugh At Myself,
My Weakness Is That I have No Choice.

Posts: 5567 | Location: charleston,west virginia | Registered: 21 October 2003Reply With Quote