Find
Notify
Tools

Big cat nailed?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of choppa
posted
Watch news tonight, some fella reckons he shot the panther.

Cheers

Choppa

Posts: 137 | Location: Australia Vic Woorarra | Registered: 20 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Iv actually known about this for about 2 months now, the bloke who shot it hunts with a hound crew i hunt with occasionally(i havent actually met him) i was also told by a NRE bloke that they trapped another near where this one was shot but there was no mention of this in the paper.

Posts: 64 | Location: australia | Registered: 29 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of choppa
posted Hide Post
Sambar,

It funny you mention that, I heard a couple of months ago to, there has been a lot of talk on the UHF at work, mainly from farmers and such, I also heard that the DNRE caught one about 3 weeks after that one was shot, looking at the photos in the paper, it doesnt look very realistic, the 4 times I have seen it its tail lenght was a longer than 60cm.

Posts: 137 | Location: Australia Vic Woorarra | Registered: 20 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BwanaBob
posted Hide Post
Watched the news report and, from what I saw, I would say that the only thing that this guy shot was a load of bull!

All of the photos were odd - the 'hunter' was clear and well focussed but the 'panther' was all fuzzy and blurred. In addition, the photos had the look that it was a small cat hanging close to the camera with the hunter in background pretending to be admiring his trophy.

In addition, this guy only kept the tail and 'threw' away the rest of the animal as he was "only interested in a trophy" (his words). Now, anyone who shot an animal of this importance, and who could finally prove the panther legend to be true, would not throw away most of the evidence. And if this guy was a deer hunter, then he would be aware that most big cat trophies consist of a full skin and a skull - not just a tail.

I don't believe a word of the story.

"White men with their ridiculous civilization lie far from me. No longer need I be a slave to money" (W.D.M Bell)
www.cybersafaris.com.au

Posts: 909 | Location: Blackheath, NSW, Australia | Registered: 26 May 2002Reply With Quote