Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

For the Fallen
 Login/Join

posted

At 11am, on 11th November ever year we take take time out to remember, honour and pay respect to the
men and women of our Armed Forces who have given their lives in the various conflicts since WW1 to present.

In so many of those conflicts, the men and women of ANZAC have fought and died along side their British comrades.

Over the years ANZAC personnel have earned a reputation for gallantry and courage that is second to none and have fought with the greatest of tenacity and courage, often at great cost to themselves.

The politics of these conflicts are often controversial, but for the service personnel doing the fighting, they are more than that, they are often deadly.

So tomorrow at 11am, as we carry out our act or Remembrance, please' know that it is the "ordinary" British public who say thank you, and pay respect to the far from ordinary gallantry and courage of the Service Personnel of Australia and New Zealand...

For the Fallen

They went with songs to the battle, they were young.
Straight of limb, true of eyes, steady and aglow.
They were staunch to the end against odds uncounted,
They fell with their faces to the foe.

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.

At the going down of the sun and in the morning,
We will remember them.

Posts: 5684 | Location: North Wales UK | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Many thanks again for that Pete. beer Cheers mate.

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7976 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote