Find
Notify
Tools

Local scenery
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted
if I have done this right we should get an image or two of the type of scenery found in my local backcountry - about forty kms away . Lots of goats , and a few deer ( mainly reds but the occasional fallow ) and some pigs.

This is the sort of hill country terrain typical in this inland area , farm land margins and reverting bush and scrub . You dudes used to flat easy country would suffer in this stuff.....

Just thought it might be more interesting than the lovely green flat grass and mountain shots of last week..

Posts: 4458 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Beautiful looking country Muzza-God I miss mountains sometimes

Bit different to my back yard

The things you see in the air are ducks

Posts: 7978 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bad Ass Wallace
posted Hide Post
Beautiful country, not flat but I'm sure any red blooded hunter would find the extra energy needed to walk them.

Bet it is cool in them there hills. Bloody hot here the last 2 two days, 40.7 Saturday and 41.7 today.

Last night was a stinker; 28deg with 87% humidity.

Posts: 1785 | Location: Kingaroy, Australia | Registered: 29 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Stunningly beautiful!! How does a person get permission to hunt there? I need to start planning the next school holidays with my son!!

Posts: 1275 | Location: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia | Registered: 02 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
NZ is full of this sort of scenery , although the accessability isnt always good . Roads into this type of country are not great , specially after the last month of rain ...

A lot of this stuff is also Crown Land , administered by the Dept of Conservation , so access is by permit , which is pretty easy to get. Ideally you need to cultivate friendly relations with the locals to get acess through private property , but that isnt always possible . Most of the DoC land has legal access so that isnt a major problem .Same with State Forests and Forest Parks , access by permit , usually have roads into the areas .

Anything more specific needed , just ask and I will bluff my way through ....

Posts: 4458 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Muzza

Awesome scenery and would love to try a hunt over there. I guess a set of full wet weather gear, pack etc and lightweight stainless synthetic rifle would be a must to start with!

I hope to give it a go soon!

Posts: 789 | Location: Australia | Registered: 24 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
Guys - found this shot from the last hunting trip . Pretty difficult shot , about three hundred metres , slightly quartering away , moving uphill . Was a bitch to get into the tree for cleaning too .

This shot shows some of the gear essential for hunting in this climate and terrain...

one of us
Picture of Bad Ass Wallace
posted Hide Post
D'ja hafta fux baynuts, und chrage ta kull ut!

Posts: 1785 | Location: Kingaroy, Australia | Registered: 29 April 2002Reply With Quote