New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tahr hunt with Simon Nash?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Last night I caught a portion of a hunting show with Bob Foulrod, hunting tahr somewhere in the Christchurch area in NZ. Unfortunately, I only got a small segment, and no contact info. I didn't even find out what show it was, before I had to leave.

They used a 4WD vehicle to access the tops of some pretty reasonable hills, and hiked up from there. The country looked very inviting for a dedicated and inshape hunter, without using helicopters.

Anyone have any pros or cons for this guide, outfit, or the area they were hunting?

Thanks.

Posts: 1517 | Location: Idaho Falls, Idaho | Registered: 03 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Is this him? (hopefully the link works right)

http://www.facebook.com/photo....1327882&id=642076462

Happy hunting

Posts: 162 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 25 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Tried the link, but it does not work for me. Even with my Facebook login, it says picture is unavailable.

Guess I'll have to try to figure out what show it is, and catch it again later this week.

Thanks.

Posts: 1517 | Location: Idaho Falls, Idaho | Registered: 03 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Abob
posted Hide Post
email Bob, you can find his contact info at:

http://www.bobfoulkrod.com/obsession/index.tpl

I have emailed him a couple of times, he is very good at answering his mail

Jim

fur, feathers, & meat in the freezersalute
"Pass it on to your kids"

Posts: 822 | Location: Palmer, Alaska | Registered: 22 October 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks; never knew his site existed. Fired off an email.

This is what I love about this site - hunters helping each other. Smiler

One of Us
Picture of highlander
posted Hide Post
Don't personnally know Simon
But just to give you a comparsion and second option.
plenty of good info and willing helpers on all things NZ on this site.

Posts: 263 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 08 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Simon has worked for me in the past in Australia and he is an excellent guide. He and his father Chris book NZ hunts and Bob Foulkrod will give you the info....

A day spent in the bush is a day added to your life
Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - Facebook
Hunt Australia - TV

Posts: 4456 | Location: Australia | Registered: 23 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Matt. I appreciate the contact. Hopefully Bob will answer, and I can follow-up. I noticed your reference to this type hunt on the website.

My son and daughter-in-law spent 3 and a half months down under, and we lived vicariously thru their pictures the whole time. The wife just came back from the movie "Austrailia" today, and it has re-kindled her fires to go down. Will you guys be at the Reno SCI show? Would love to talk about a trip.

Joel Blankenship

One of Us
posted Hide Post
After reading that from Matt it is the same Simon.

He's a good bugger and a good hunter, I worked with him a year or two ago. You wouldn't be disappointed hunting with him. (Bloody Aussie that he is Big Grin )

Happy hunting

Posts: 162 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 25 June 2005Reply With Quote