New
Find
Notify
Tools

What I got in my email
 Login/Join

Picture of Bakes
posted
Don't you just love these. I wonder who falls for them.

This is my second mail to you. I am conducting a standard process investigation in relation to matters involving my client. I have in my possession valid and tentative evidence that you might be whom I seek based on information I got from the Family and Friends Finder (FFF). This is in reference to a client of mine and the circumstances surrounding investments made by her in a bank facility. My client died interstate and nominated no next of kin to inherit the title made with a bank facility in Europe . The essence of this communication with you is to request you provide me information on two issues:

1. Are you aware of any relative/relation who share your last name and whose last contact address was here in Europe ?
2. Are you aware of any investment of considerable value made by her at a bank facility in Europe ?

It is pertinent that you inform me at your earliest convenience whether or not you are familiar with my deceased client or if I have your permission to investigate and confirm your eligibility any further so I may put an end to my enquiries surrounding this matter. It is imperative you understand that I am constrained from providing you with more detailed information at this point. Upon contact I will be able to verify and tie in my information with whatever you provide, thus facilitating the conclusion of this issue.

Please respond to me by email as soon as possible to afford me the opportunity to close this investigation.

Thank you for your anticipated cooperation.

Dr. Peter Taylor
Medical Practitioner

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7976 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Long live the Nigeria Scam... fifteen years old and still going strong...

A day spent in the bush is a day added to your life
Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - Facebook
Hunt Australia - TV

Posts: 4456 | Location: Australia | Registered: 23 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It is true you know, there is one born every minute. Every few weeks Current Affair has some who have more money than brains.

Shooting is FUN, winning is MORE fun but shooting IS fun.

Posts: 336 | Location: Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia | Registered: 09 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shehuntz
posted Hide Post
I got 1 too Bakes.

Animal Art Taxidermy.

Posts: 227 | Location: Australia. | Registered: 23 March 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
The same one Sam or a different version?

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7976 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BwanaBob
posted Hide Post
I got one recently where they were offering to sell me thousands of barrels of crude oil with a very 'generous' credit arrangment. They even wanted me to fly to Nigeria to check out their oil facility.

And I am sick of the number of times I have received the "I am from Senegal/Ghana/Nigeria/Siera Leone/Zimbabwe (cross out whichever is not applicable) my mother and father were murdered by guerrillas/separatists/war vets/govt troops (cross out whichever is not applicable) and I need a nice foreigner to help me get my $us25 million out of his bank account and I will give you 20% for your troubles" scam. I usually write back and tell them that my name is Robert Gabrielle Mugabe, my bank account is Bank of Zim Account #0001 and that they had better transfer the money, right now, or I will send the Fifth Brigade to "persuade" them to hand over the loot.

"White men with their ridiculous civilization lie far from me. No longer need I be a slave to money" (W.D.M Bell)
www.cybersafaris.com.au

Posts: 909 | Location: Blackheath, NSW, Australia | Registered: 26 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shehuntz
posted Hide Post
Might have had an extra paragraph Tony but basicly on about the same thing - dead relo's in Europe.

Ive had 3 now! (to 2 different email addresses)

Animal Art Taxidermy.

Posts: 227 | Location: Australia. | Registered: 23 March 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of HiWall
posted Hide Post
quote:
My client died interstate and

Wouldn't you think, if they are going to try and pull a dumb scam like this, they would at least learn how to spell!!

Posts: 323 | Location: Back Home in Aus. | Registered: 24 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Had a letter a few months ago from a lawyer in Vic. claiming that he knew of some money owed to me by a super fund . Did a search on him to find out if he was legit . Turned out he was and I ended up with a few hundred dollars .

The hunting imperative was part of every man's soul; some denied or suppressed it, others diverted it into less blatantly violent avenues of expression, wielding clubs on the golf course or racquets on the court, substituting a little white ball for the prey of flesh and blood.
Wilbur Smith

Posts: 916 | Location: L.H. side of downunder | Registered: 07 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of GreybeardBushman
posted Hide Post
I've got a few of those o's ones and just ditched them.

I got one from solicitors @ Kyneton saying I needed to contact them re- the death of a relative (same surname but never heard of the Christian name) so I filed it thinking it was probably junk. It looks like I would be better checking it out. Funny if it was on the level.

Posts: 728 | Location: The Wimmera, Victoria, Australia | Registered: 01 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bushchook:
Had a letter a few months ago from a lawyer in Vic. claiming that he knew of some money owed to me by a super fund . Did a search on him to find out if he was legit . Turned out he was and I ended up with a few hundred dollars .

Those were really mine....send em down and I'll remember you at easter....

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote