Notify
Tools

Tasmanian wallaby shooting
 Login/Join

Picture of Bakes
posted
Check it out.

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7972 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the video Bakes. That shooter is one busy guy. Interesting that his culling is barely keeping up with the Wallaby reproduction rate. Shows how wildlife populations can respond when given favourable conditions.
In the same way I can relate to how Fallow Deer also reproduce in favourable circumstances. Seen that here in several instances. One day there's a few around, looking very pretty as they do, then left alone for 4 or 5 years they easily become a bit of a plague. Thinking that a bit of culling will sort the problem often becomes a never ending job.

Hunting.... it's not everything, it's the only thing.

Posts: 2013 | Location: New Zealand's North Island | Registered: 13 November 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TOP_PREDATOR
posted Hide Post
I’m surprised he is not using a Thermal, Wallabies and Possums get light shy very quickly.

One rifle looked like Sako Vixen

"Never in the field of human conflict
was so much owed by so many to so few." Sir Winston Churchill

Posts: 1870 | Location: Throughout the British Empire | Registered: 08 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gryphon1
posted Hide Post
The Avoca Wallaby Shoot with 5000 guns was like duck opening....until the greens antis soft cocks forced its demise.

https://www.examiner.com.au/st...-roo-shoot-recalled/

Posts: 87 | Location: Victoria Australia | Registered: 07 September 2002