Find
Notify
Tools

thinking about a future hunt
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of tonto
posted
I been thinking about hunting buffalo or scrub bulls in OZ the next year or 2. Ive thought about using a 500mag handgun or a ? Anyone know about these guys?
oz hunt
I have talk to a few who have hunted bow with them so my weapon choice shouldnt bother them.
How about some advice on hunting your country guys?
Dean

Posts: 1057 | Location: adirondacks,NY ,USA | Registered: 30 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bad Ass Wallace
posted Hide Post
Since our dumb-fuck politians banned handguns over 45 calibre for target shooting and handguns for hunting in general, I think your 50Mag is out.

Other than that, you will need to have an international visitors licence. Your criminal history will have to be verified and endorsed by your local police department prior to arrival.

A lot of our hunting for pest animals is by kind permission of the local rancher with no permits, tags or hunting fees. A six pack of cold beer usually opens negiotations.

Buffalo are organised through trophy hunts and good outfitters and I'm sure others can answer your inquiry better than me.

Posts: 1785 | Location: Kingaroy, Australia | Registered: 29 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
mate if your keen on coming to australia and make the effort i will hook you up with a couple of my hunting spots to get a buff and camel and a shit load of pigs and hopefully i can get over your way at some stage. hunting here is easy if your off a property like myself its not what you know but who. where exactly do you live and when do you think you will make it out here

Posts: 27 | Location: brisbane australia | Registered: 04 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
im off a property in central australia but live in brisbane in queensland. i work in the mines in the northern territory gulf so i usually work 9 days on 8 days off which means plenty of time to hunt. i would love a chance at a bear so i might have to tag along back to the states with you and see what we can organize

Posts: 27 | Location: brisbane australia | Registered: 04 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sav
you have a PM

Posts: 599 | Location: Soldotna Alaska | Registered: 05 May 2003Reply With Quote