New
Find
Notify
Tools

Had another good day
 Login/Join

Picture of Bakes
posted
Went to the place that I bumped two hinds before. I got honked at and I crouched down in the bracken. She didn't know what I was and I spotted her sneaking back to check me out. Got her at 20 meters. Made good use of as much as I could. 360 meters from the truck but I managed to find a track and got the car within 150 meters of her. Still buggered after high legging through the bracken.

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7972 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very good. Well done & congrats.
What's the plan for the venison ?

Hunting.... it's not everything, it's the only thing.

Posts: 2013 | Location: New Zealand's North Island | Registered: 13 November 2014Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Giving most away as I still have some in the freezer.

A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7972 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bet you're wishing you moved south sooner!

Posts: 4234 | Location: South Island NZ | Registered: 21 July 2008Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shankspony:
Bet you're wishing you moved south sooner!

Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You liking the new Tikka?

Posts: 4234 | Location: South Island NZ | Registered: 21 July 2008Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Its bloody great Shanks. Everythings just drops on the spot (so far Big Grin). Leaves a big hole as well!

One of Us
Picture of gryphon1
posted Hide Post
quote:
its bloody great Shanks. Everythings just drops on the spot (so far ).

Good job done but dont get too overconfident Bakesy,the bastards have a habit of not following the rules all the time.

Posts: 87 | Location: Victoria Australia | Registered: 07 September 2002

Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gryphon1:
quote:
its bloody great Shanks. Everythings just drops on the spot (so far ).

Good job done but dont get too overconfident Bakesy,the bastards have a habit of not following the rules all the time.

Wink

One of Us
Picture of gryphon1
posted Hide Post
Stood alongside a mate last year,he was on sticks,hes a very good shot and has a lot of deer scalps. He sent a 180 gr from his 300 WM at the stags shoulder...we have no idea wtf went down, repeated tracking efforts to no avail.No blood,nothing. I went back into the zone a month later for no joy either.

Posts: 87 | Location: Victoria Australia | Registered: 07 September 2002

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You are only ever as good as your last shot aye.

One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
Well done, bakes!

For the record, I got another one last week, too. I realise sambar are much more plentiful these days but I'm not one of those blokes who can grass them at will. Mine was a wee stag, maybe a year old, but with no signs of pedicles and I'd assumed it was a hind. Sorry, I was so intent on getting some meat out to the road that I forgot to take pictures.

It would seem you can teach old dogs new tricks because once again I found a handy tree to lean on and shot the critter in the neck with the 9.3, this time at about 60 yards.

Posts: 4952 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote