Find
Notify
Tools

red stag
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of gryphon1
posted
Wont say much except three stags seen a 12 an 11 (poss 12) and an 8 pointer along with a handful of hinds and calves.

Three fat pigs were seen but ignored.

It rained and rained and then rained some more with a wind as good as it gets.MickGibbo and myself were in a tent and I felt it lift off the ground during one night,all part of it though.

Jamie-S took the small but neat 12 ptr one late arvo ten minutes before dark with his 300WM. We were sitting together glassing and he came down a bush spur with only two hinds so Jamie and myself stalked into him and here he is in the pic. Swado had heard him roaring and was coming in from another direction.
Due to the wind we didnt hear him roar at all though i could see him in my bino`s throwing his head up and doing it.

Unfortunately one of our group`s hunter`s immediate family member was taken gravely ill and that put a damper on the hunt for all concerned. Our mate departed immediately on gaining phone reception up high and on hearing the bad news.

We are rooting for you mate and your family,chin up!

Posts: 87 | Location: Victoria Australia | Registered: 07 September 2002

Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
I didn't know you were special forces Gryph Wink Big Grin

Nice stag.

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7976 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That IS a nice looking stag - well done boys... thumb

At least tell us which state JG.... or we'll be wondering forever..

A day spent in the bush is a day added to your life
Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - Facebook
Hunt Australia - TV

Posts: 4456 | Location: Australia | Registered: 23 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
Sorry for the bad news of your hunting mate.

The two guys from the picture where poaching or they just told their wives they were on a business trip ?? Big Grin

L

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sako.
posted Hide Post
the flys are bad ahahaha

Posts: 36 | Location: Canberra, Australia | Registered: 04 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Weathered
posted Hide Post
Tore myself away from the tahr to hunt reds in February.
We saw this guy and his mate near dusk, Stags 6.5 x 284 Amax went true my corelokt drifted in front of the other stag, thems the breaks

Red stag on public land, Rakaia River area

Posts: 250 | Location: Arrowtown | Registered: 26 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gryphon1
posted Hide Post
MG he is a genuine NSW 4.5 hours out of Sydney head,not a big fellow but a young bloke dosent get to roll a 12 point red too many times in his life and thus took the shot.

We dont have any ID issues,the cover up is simply to stop it being busted before publication in a hunt mag.

Posts: 87 | Location: Victoria Australia | Registered: 07 September 2002

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Cool!! Public land??? If so it would be another great advertisement for PL hunting here in general!!

A day spent in the bush is a day added to your life
Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - Facebook
Hunt Australia - TV

Posts: 4456 | Location: Australia | Registered: 23 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thats a bloody nice stag. Can't wait to see the mag article.

Posts: 4254 | Location: South Island NZ | Registered: 21 July 2008Reply With Quote