THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOWN UNDER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Australian and New Zealand Hunting    Totally disgusting. Use of helicopter to herd Tahr to "hunters".

Moderators: Bakes
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Totally disgusting. Use of helicopter to herd Tahr to "hunters".
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted

Posts: 461 | Location: Norway | Registered: 11 November 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
Yup! Doing the hard yards there alright?? I do trust that a few nether regions will find some rather large boots being applied with some force.

Posts: 3297 | Location: South of the Equator. | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Law breaking is a lot harder to get away with.

All the cameras make it so

Posts: 19390 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Its clear that some few people see the challenge-activity of recreational hunting as just a quick search and destroy mission.

However if you are culling/pest control or just in need of harvesting some venison, taking deer from a chopper ...is fine by me.

My hats off to the knife edge skills of these bush pilots capturing deer in NZ: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKWvsS-z9PU

Want to add risk & danger to your life? , maybe don't chase the big 5 in Africa, but instead try manuevering an MDH in the bush like those guys,
day after day, and see how you fair.

THose pilots don't have the convenience or luxury of back-Up.,.. Their life is all in their own hands.

Posts: 9434 | Location: Here & There- | Registered: 14 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Trax:
Its clear that some few people see the challenge-activity of recreational hunting as just a quick search and destroy mission.

However if you are culling/pest control or just in need of harvesting some venison, taking deer from a chopper ...is fine by me.

My hats off to the knife edge skills of these bush pilots capturing deer in NZ: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKWvsS-z9PU

Want to add risk & danger to your life? , maybe don't chase the big 5 in Africa, but instead try manuevering an MDH in the bush like those guys,
day after day, and see how you fair.

THose pilots don't have the convenience or luxury of back-Up.,.. Their life is all in their own hands.
What does all this have to do with dodgy tahr hunts?

A day spent in the bush is a day added to your life
Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - Facebook
Hunt Australia - TV

Posts: 4456 | Location: Australia | Registered: 23 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It just gives some perspective on what variation of operations are done by helicopter, concerning wild game in NZ.
If it does not interest you thats fine.- There are many other people on AR other than you, it may well interest some of them.

Some people might agree with some, all, or none of the aerial methods shown in this thread, regardless of whether they are legal or not.

I don't agree with the cruel method of trapping animals or.. recreational hunting by chasing down-herding game with dogs[as opposed to a helicopter],
I understand such actions are some peoples choice of recreational pastimes, but i don't see them as sporting. However, such methods can be completely legal.

...and let me be clear, I am not justifying or defending that illegal Tahr hunt.

There are appropriate times & places to pursue and take game with close-heavy assistance of a helicopter,
but by definition of the law, that aint one of them.

Posts: 9434 | Location: Here & There- | Registered: 14 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
In this situation a locally registered helicopter was filmed hunting in an area of public land where that type of "hunting" is specifically prohibited.
The helicopter pilot knows it is illegal , the helicopter company knows it is illegal , and quite possibly the client/s knows it is illegal as well.

I can only hope that there will be serious consequences for the chopper company over this incident.

Old enough to know better

Posts: 4457 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks like a C Model Hughes 500. Pathetic, no matter the flying skills involved.

Posts: 179 | Location: South of Anchorage | Registered: 21 January 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not that I want to do it but is chasing with a chopper legal anywhere? I thought I read it was. I am not certain .

Posts: 11974 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
yes. wild hogs in TX. and that's about it. barf

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13160 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scriptus:
Yup! Doing the hard yards there alright?? I do trust that a few nether regions will find some rather large boots being applied with some force.

Posts: 3297 | Location: South of the Equator. | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote