New
Find
Notify
Tools

WOOHHOOOO 2 more toys today
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Gained another two more toys today. The Tobler barrel arrived for my Rem 700 308 today and I arranged to get the action trued ,squared etc and check bedding ,chamber barrel etc. Then I thought ,while this is being done ,I wont have another decent 30 cal for hunting if the work takes a while. Only one thing to do about that ,I didnt have a 30 cal magnum so I put the paperwork in on a new Weatherby Fibergaurd in 300 weatherby. The new weatherbeys look good with the new stocks and the 300 weatherbies always got good write ups. Should be a perfect red deer rifle and long range pig rifle. It will be my plains game rifle when I eventualy get over to Africa next year. MMMMM another gun to play with and work up loads for.

Posts: 618 | Location: Singleton ,Australia | Registered: 28 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
CR500,

I know how it is waiting for toys mate...I have two that are on the go and I am busting to get them but Time....therefore I am always scanning for a gap filler...I have thought that I to would like a .30 cal magnum at some point.

I would also like a rem 700 .338 ultra mag sendenero. But my rem vssf 22/250 shoots so well that for a long range .338 the Ultra mag rem would be a cheap way out of it.

Good luck with the .300 w mate.

Posts: 7505 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote