Notify
Tools

Sentosa open day
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Sentosa is having an open day tomorrow (6/3/04) starts 10am
Sentosa

Posts: 787 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 15 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yeah a day to suck in hunters that cant hunt ie: deer hunting behind wire....`nuff said!
Pheasants bred in runs that have never used their wing muscles properly dont make it right either

Posts: 87 | Location: Queensland Australia | Registered: 07 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hate to say it but DITTO what gryphon said I've been to this place it's a cage I was so disapointed I left that afternoon I'd rather pay for a guide and go into proper bushland with only the slightest chance of a trophy.
sorry
hippyhunter

Posts: 115 | Location: Hills of North Qld | Registered: 30 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
So what size is the fenced area?

I note the web site mentions free range and fair chase. So is it behind wire (ie not free range) or not?

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well I wasn't very impressed, 1500 acres fences everywhere I could see. One lot of deer looked like Rusa about 20 in 70 acres. Didn't bother sticking around for the tour.
Fallow upto 15 points $900, 16 plus $1800.
Red upto 11 points $900, 16 plus $1800.
Chital and Rusa upto 24" $900, 25" plus $1800.
Sambar upto 24" $1000, 25" plus $2400.
Black Buck Antelope upto 15" $2000, 16" plus $3000.
Hog deer upto 12" $2000, 13" plus $3000.
Water Buffalo from $4500
plus $300 a day included is 1 non trophy deer return transport from Melb airport, caping/salting of trophy skins
camping or cabins extra
lunch extra

Posts: 787 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 15 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bad Ass Wallace
posted Hide Post
For those prices they would want to throw in two twenty year old tarts, a swedish massuse, and unlimited cold beer for FREE!
Nice sideline if you can find some dipshit to pay!

Posts: 1785 | Location: Kingaroy, Australia | Registered: 29 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear that 416SW but on some time ago it had the word FARM in its name now it's a HUNTING PARK you get worried when half a dozen hog deer look at you. I put on a bit of a performance when I was there, these aminals took notice of you but took no defence they did not hide or run away how F***** is that I was saying this making sure every one heard my objections

Posts: 115 | Location: Hills of North Qld | Registered: 30 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nitro
The area at the front maybe 300 acres had no deer fences on it so maybe they get some hog deer wandering in. Could see maybe 700 acres from where we were so unsure about fences on the rest of property. But I would not say fair chase, as far as ABA(Australian Bowhunters Association) is concerned it is not fair chase. As they don't mention seasons for Hog deer, Red and Rusa I take it that the DNRE don't consider it free range. Certainley the only wild population of deer in the area is Hog deer.

Maybe by free range they mean like chickens - they find most of there food from plants growing in their paddocks.

One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
To me:

Free range = no high wire fences

Fair chase = usually means no fences, no shooting from vehicles, no spotlighting, no use of dogs except to recover wounded animals, no shooting over a waterhole unless there are several or water is widely available.

But a hunt can effectively still be fair chase if a fenced area is very large. Also use of dogs could be "fair chase" eg with sambar etc. Very variable term but usually a hunter if they are honest to themselves can tell the difference.

Those paddocks do sound small.

The prices are pretty standard/average for anyone who has done any research into outfitter type prices.

Thanks for the info.

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote