Login/Join

posted
How about some honest imput on swanndri wool clothing. ie) zippered bush shirt

Thanks,
peartree

Posts: 8 | Location: Vermont | Registered: 26 September 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
I have a swandri bush shirt, although I haven't worn it up here for awhile.It doesn't have a zip its a pull over, but I think they are bloody great. Mine had a hood but I got dear old mum to cut it off, its blue and black check and in hind sight I should have bought the dark green.

Bakes

Posts: 7979 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a Swandri cape, which I just took with me to Canada. It was better than I could have hoped at - 15� as an outer layer.

It is completly silent for stalking; waterproove to a certain extent, though it will stay warm wet; comfortable; the hood is very handy for keeping warmth in once you stop to sit and watch over an area.

It's downsides are there is only one pocket on it and it's difficult to take off and slip on without having to contort yourself.

Posts: 2283 | Location: Aussie in Italy | Registered: 20 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have had swanndri hoodies for all my kids when they were in snow country and did the sledding and snowball fights etc. great easy on off, only problem with their products is the zipper pulls are on the "wrong" or "other right" side.

Their hoodies are washable wool, used to wear their washable singlet sweaters. good value, but NOT THE SOFTEST OF WOOLS> Merino it aint, but then again, when I was over there in middle eighties, it was the first washable wool I had seen.

Still have one wool sweatshirt in grey and black checkered with hood. Great plaid-type camo for dark areas. For some reason their products never took off here in US, and almost never see their stuff on EBAY...

Jameister

Posts: 902 | Location: Denver Colderado | Registered: 13 May 2001Reply With Quote