Find
Notify
Tools

Non-citizens hunting opportunities
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Sevens
posted
Are there any special rules or regulations for a non-Australian citizen to come down to Australia and hunt (and bring their own rifle)? I'm curious what the possibilities of renting a place in the NWT for a few months would be for hunting some buffalo and other available game on my own.

Thanks,

If you died tomorrow, what would you have done today ...

2018 Zimbabwe - Tuskless w/ Nengasha Safaris
2011 Mozambique - Buffalo w/ Mashambanzou Safaris

Posts: 2789 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 27 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TOP_PREDATOR
posted Hide Post
Only way for international visitors to bring firearms into N.T is when hunting with an Outfitter,new rules bewildered

Matt Graham who post here, will know all the rules for N.T HUNT AUSTRALIA
http://www.HuntAust.com.au

"Never in the field of human conflict
was so much owed by so many to so few." Sir Winston Churchill

Posts: 1870 | Location: Throughout the British Empire | Registered: 08 October 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Very hard to get access to property's to hunt on Al. Most of the land is privately owned although I have heard that for a fee you can get access to aborigional land near Katherine. Don't know much about that system however.

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7975 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Sevens
posted Hide Post
Well guys, guess that's not the answer I was hoping for . . . bummer! Frowner Thanks for the help though.

If you died tomorrow, what would you have done today ...

2018 Zimbabwe - Tuskless w/ Nengasha Safaris
2011 Mozambique - Buffalo w/ Mashambanzou Safaris

Posts: 2789 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 27 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Truth be known Al the best and easiest accessible public options are in Victoria and NSW anyhow and these are both available to non residents. The main problem with the NT is the distances and logistics in getting to good hunting areas, it isnt easy for anyone... locals and outfitters alike.

A day spent in the bush is a day added to your life
Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - Facebook
Hunt Australia - TV

Posts: 4456 | Location: Australia | Registered: 23 January 2003Reply With Quote