Find
Notify
Tools

This is a test
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of safari_hunter
posted

Posts: 89 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 15 November 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bad Ass Wallace
posted Hide Post
Ahhh! Another Sharps Shooter! Yippee

That's a Soule on the rear, Make? Calibre? Bullet? Load?

Awww come on fess up!

Posts: 1785 | Location: Kingaroy, Australia | Registered: 29 April 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Christ there's more of them

Posts: 7981 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

*hides with Bakes*

They'll find us and turn us into "sharps" shooters too!!!! They're starting an Army of them!!!!! Shhhhhh

Posts: 29 | Location: Brisbane QLD Australia | Registered: 14 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of safari_hunter
posted Hide Post
Sorry Bad Ass, the rifle is not mine. I met an old bloke at the range who let me take a couple of shots. It was chambered for 45-70 and was loaded using black powder with 500 grain cast bullets.
By the way, the 2 shots I took grouped 2.5 inches at 200 yards. Not bad for an old rifle!

Posts: 89 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 15 November 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bad Ass Wallace
posted Hide Post
OK but has shooting it given you the bug to buy one?

My pedersoli shoots better than a lot of bolt guns I got!
100yds 45/70 1874 Sharps aperature sights.

Posts: 1785 | Location: Kingaroy, Australia | Registered: 29 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of safari_hunter
posted Hide Post
Bad Ass,
I would love to own a Sharps one day, but maybe something bigger like a 45-110 or 50-120.
The one that Tom Selleck uses in that movie would be nice.

one of us
posted Hide Post

I have not read these forums in a good week and the amount of bad ass wallace's have doubled.......

Doc 1972.

Posts: 91 | Location: Brisbane, Australia. | Registered: 25 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
Its called cloning - the Brits did it with sheep , Australia chose an entirely different species to experiment with. The Brits called their sheep Dolly , the Aussie one claims to be a Dolly.....Wink

Posts: 4458 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote