Find
Notify
Tools

Wonder of Nature
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Bad Ass Wallace
posted
While I own enough guns & ammo to kill anything on the face of the earth, I still go limp at photo's of mother nature at her best;

BTW, if one is a moose what do you call twins - mooses or mices?

Posts: 1785 | Location: Kingaroy, Australia | Registered: 29 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
Ah - the English Language ...
I believe the plural of Moose is...Moose

More than two moose is a hunting season...

Perhaps the Northern Hemisphere moosehunters amongst us may have more details ( no , not Far Canel and his air rifle.. )

Posts: 4457 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
BAW, that's the difference between a hunter and a shooter. Respect. I know what you mean.

Posts: 1275 | Location: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia | Registered: 02 May 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
A flock of moose?

A mob of moose?

A plethora of mooses?

Posts: 7975 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Murf
posted Hide Post
More than one moose is called dinner .....for several.
The old line about where to shoot a moose is near the road. Or never shoot a moose while hunting alone. If there are no other hunters to give a helping hand carry your knife and fork.

Posts: 14361 | Location: Sask. Canada | Registered: 04 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bad Ass Wallace
posted Hide Post
Here's one, the biggest set of cow horns on the planet as recorded in Guinnes Book.

Posts: 1785 | Location: Kingaroy, Australia | Registered: 29 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Looks like a bit of computer touching up to me. If not ,then find out what its been eating and sprinkle some around the Cape Buff heards and watch the monster trophy heads come in.

Posts: 618 | Location: Singleton ,Australia | Registered: 28 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
This cow must buy her headgear at the same shop as Madonna used to buy her bra's.

I worry about you BAW , you seem to have a fixation for the female bovine . Mate , you aussies are meant to shag sheep , not cows , dont tell Far Canel or he will be buying a house cow and kicking his missus out ....

Posts: 4457 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Guys, as a hunter in Moose country I can tell you with some conviction that those 2 little ones are called"veal". derf

Posts: 3450 | Location: Aldergrove,BC,Canada | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
Quote:

I worry about you BAW , you seem to have a fixation for the female bovine . Mate , you aussies are meant to shag sheep , not cows , dont tell Far Canel or he will be buying a house cow and kicking his missus out ....

I too developed a fixation for female bovines a year or two ago.

Don't know why. But nature sure is a wonder isn't it.

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Leave it to Nitro to pull one like this out!

Posts: 337 | Location: Minnesota, USA | Registered: 23 December 2002Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
The correct term is meese while they are still young.

Once they are old enough to shoot they become all moose.

Which reminds me of the Scotsman who was visiting his friend in Canada.

He woke up one morning, and opened the curtains. Right there outside his window was a moose, an animal he has never seen before.

He ran out to get his friend, screaming: "There is great big animal standing outside my window!"

His friend said: "Don't worry about it. It is only a moose"

"A MOOSE! Only a MOOSE? if this is the size of your mices, how big are yer cats?"

Posts: 66954 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7975 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote