New
Find
Notify
Tools

Question for the deer guru's
 Login/Join

Picture of Bakes
posted
What time of year do the fallow around Lake George rut?

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7975 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gryphon1
posted Hide Post
Changing seasons dictate Bakesey but often the guts of the rut when they are right into croaking is around mid april.

Fancy your chances?

Posts: 87 | Location: Victoria Australia | Registered: 07 September 2002

Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Not this year Gryph. We have a full year of courses comming up BUT next year....

I was down in Canberra a couple of weeks ago visiting a mate from rookies. He has 100 acres at Bungendore and knows people with bigger farms. We were just talking crap when he mentioned he had deer on his place shocker

"what sort of deer" Says I.
"Don't know" says my mate.
"Do they look like this" I said showing him a fallow pic from the latest Wild Deer mag
"Thats them!"
"You've had this place for 10 years and I'm just finding out now that you have deer on it??" I said throwing stuff at him Big Grin

So I told him that I'll be down next year rifle in hand. Wink

A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7975 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gryphon1
posted Hide Post
Slurp up the neighbours too mate,those fallow bucks know no boundarie,book your trip before the rut and you will be able to eat one of the finest wild game meats there is too....rutting bucks are worse than eating a pissy billy goat mate.

Posts: 87 | Location: Victoria Australia | Registered: 07 September 2002

Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Yeah I'll look into a meat trip. Have to fight my mates old man for it though. Their wogs and old Rocco will eat anything Big Grin

One of Us
Picture of sako.
posted Hide Post
get your mate to listen for frogs croaking early to mid April dancing

Posts: 36 | Location: Canberra, Australia | Registered: 04 November 2007Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Ahh so thats the sign....

One of Us
Picture of duggaboybuff
posted Hide Post
I hunt up around lake george often - the rut generally would kick of like clockwork around the 6-7 of April, however the last couple of years it was closer to Anzac day?? maybe due to the drought then, so this year should be back to early April if my theroy is correct.

Posts: 411 | Location: australia | Registered: 12 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of duggaboybuff
posted Hide Post
Also Bakes it was nice to meet you at SCI!

Posts: 411 | Location: australia | Registered: 12 November 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
You to mate. Many thanks for the info. Now I just have to book my leave for next year.