THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOWN UNDER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Australian and New Zealand Hunting    The Kids keen but......................................

Moderators: Bakes
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Kids keen but......................................
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
A letter turned up for my 11yr old ! Nothing unuseal about that ! You say ! It was the application forms to enroll in the courses to obtain a Pro Roo shooting licence! eek2 I have explained to him the criteria (Like a firearms licence,drivers licence) that he needs! Now I'm pondering where I went wrong bewildered

all times wasted wot's not spent shootin

Posts: 569 | Location: Flinders Ranges. South Australia | Registered: 26 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of GreybeardBushman
posted Hide Post
My 17 (nearly 18) year olde son went through a stage of wanting to be a roo shooter when he started shooting regularly with me (before the official age.) I can see why your son would want to shoot for a living. Cool
I can see why you would not want him to follow in your foot steps. I reckon it would be a physically tough life, particularly with the uncertain income.
I used to think what great fun it would be after getting together with my mates and beer

But i wouldn't like my son to follow in my foot steps and become a teacher, although the hours are short and sopme of it is light work.

Anyway, DK, I really enjoy some of your posts. i liked the one about the expensive car and the hot chick. roflmao My missus would still have me sleeping with our hunting dogs!

Greybeard

Posts: 728 | Location: The Wimmera, Victoria, Australia | Registered: 01 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
My missus would still have me sleeping with our hunting dogs!

Your lucky I've only got one dog & it's Bloody cold & frosty round here of a night ! But one day she'll let me back inside homer

Posts: 569 | Location: Flinders Ranges. South Australia | Registered: 26 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
G'day All, That's one of the reasons our doghouse is so big! Must be the only one in Vic with it's own poolroom and heated spa I must get round to installing a gun safe, then I won't need to go back in the house at all!

Cheers, Dave.
Non Illegitium Carborundum

Cheers, Dave.

Aut Inveniam Viam aut Faciam.

Posts: 6716 | Location: The Hunting State. | Registered: 08 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I guess the good thing about mine too, is that it is pretty handy to the beer fridge in the shed. Its not "too shabby"as the kids say in Summer when the night is as hot as anything.

D o K- I know its not like you'd get up your way but hot for us.

I would get very sick of the company of our ESS if the Missus did it too often in winter.

Great hunting dog. Just would be a flea ridden b, to sleep with.

beer

Posts: 728 | Location: The Wimmera, Victoria, Australia | Registered: 01 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GreybeardBushman:
I guess the good thing about mine too, is that it is pretty handy to the beer fridge in the shed. Its not "too shabby"as the kids say in Summer when the night is as hot as anything.

D o K- I know its not like you'd get up your way but hot for us.

I would get very sick of the company of our ESS if the Missus did it too often in winter.

Great hunting dog. Just would be a flea ridden b, to sleep with.

beer

I guess the idea of the gun safe close by would be good too.

Now, that damn builder who is doing G's "mid life crisis" extensions.

Must have a word to him about it.

Greybeard

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I guess the idea of the gun safe close by would be good too.

Now, that damn builder who is doing G's "mid life crisis" extensions.

Must have a word to him about it.

Hell the way my Cook's temper is I sleep light & armed to the teeth! So I don't need the safe ! Big Grin
It would be luxury to have a dog house to sleep in I tell ya ! No when the excreta hits the ossolating device at a great rate of knots! (when the sh#t hits the fan) in our place The dog & I pacck up & go over the hill & camp out for a couple of days ! sofa

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Third time lucky.

Jeez, its bad news also when they lock the door, keep the keys to her WRX then when you are not ready, start opening nice cold icy cans of beer and pouring it on the ground in front of you and say what are yopu going to do about this?

Nothing dear.

Then you go down the pub and get two to replace every one emptied.

Cool

One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sambar 9.3:
G'day All, That's one of the reasons our doghouse is so big! Must be the only one in Vic with it's own poolroom and heated spa I must get round to installing a gun safe, then I won't need to go back in the house at all!

Now I understand. I have a German friend who has a full sized dog house with central heating. From the photos it looks like a two roomed house. More comfortable when ....

John H.

NitroExpress.com - the net's double rifle forum

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote