Find
Notify
Tools

To cheer up BAW
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted
Here is a nice picture of my Martini K-Hornet to cheer you up after your elevated blood pressure in a previous thread

18" barrel, commercial ( non military ) action with no markings , pos chinese Tasco 3-9 varipower scope. Bit short in the stock for me , but will be just right for a small boy in a year or two - hes only just five at present .

Posts: 4458 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bad Ass Wallace
posted Hide Post
Ah Muzza - Yummy
Every boy should have at least one.

Posts: 1785 | Location: Kingaroy, Australia | Registered: 29 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Or how about a pretty butt,that should work.

Or a nice 45/120 to tame the savage beast in you.

Or maybe your first love,Martinis.My little BSA 6A in .220 with factory aperture rear sight and front globe.

There feel better now?

one of us
posted Hide Post
Muzza, Any chance of a close-up pic of the scope mounts? My Martini K-Hornet needs something other than its opens.

Anyone know a sight that would fit the holes in the side of this receiver?

Posts: 1210 | Location: Zurich | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
Stu C

my K-Hornet came with a Weaver style ramp attached to the barrel so I just used that . The .222R Martini project that I have underway will need something as well , so I intend to use a base made for the Contender rifles - short and not too bulky . Or just a normal Weaver one , but they are longer . A clever machinist could make a pretty neat mount base in his workshop , but I dont have the machinery to do that . I can upload a close up photo if you still want ...

Shaun - that is a nice Ruger , tidier than my #1 in .220 Swift , but I bet my Swift makes a louder bang .....

Jennifer Lopez has a tidier butt than that Ruger too..

Posts: 4458 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a weaver base attached to the barrel on my .222R,I'll dig it out and post a pic this arvo.It overhangs the action a little,I'll get the model number.
The Ruger is BA's

One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
couple of pics of the weaver base on my martini , apologies for the crappy phots - not very good with the digicam , and tried not to get any oil on wifeys favourite quilt as well...

If I recall the Contender weaver base has a rebated back end that can hang over the breech a little (?)to move the whole arrangement back somewhat.

Hope these help anyway , and with Shauns offering later you should get some idea of what it all looks like .

One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
Some more for the Bad Ass.

Victorian Rozier in .577/.450

In more or less original used condition - ie not mucked around with.

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bad Ass Wallace
posted Hide Post
Gee Men, I'm all green and full of tears now. I just want to come and thank yawl personally and have a little cuddle of your toys

Cos yawl welcome to have a play with my singy shooters too!

Posts: 1785 | Location: Kingaroy, Australia | Registered: 29 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Muzza thanks for those pics. That helps quite a bit.

Does anyone know what mount would have fit the holes drilled at the top of my action? I can only think it was some kind of side mount, but I've never seen one like that.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Got another question for you guys. How do you protect the muzzle when you're cleaning your lever actions and single shots? Do you use some kind of muzzle protector, or are you just very careful pushing a rod down the bore? For a light clean, I've gone to bore snakes, but am not sure the best way to clean with a rod.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I clean my levers(3)and single shot(1)from the breech.The advantages of Marlin's superior design.

One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
YOU HAVE TO CLEAN THEM...?????

One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
I suspect a clever engineer type could make you a side mount plate to suit the three screws in your action , perhaps even one with horological engineering experience ( ) but I think fitting a weaver type base would be shitloads cheaper and faster . Those specialty type jobs are fine if you can do it yourself , but cost too much to pay someone else for their time . You also have a better crack at getting the mount concentric to the bore with a weaver , you would need to have some sort of adjustment in your side plate if you went that route . Interesting concept though .

What about one of those laser sights that clamp to the barrel ? Not in keeping with the era of the gun but should work ok - maybe ?

Just my thoughts anyway . Good luck .

one of us
posted Hide Post
Sorry stu forgot to answer your question.
The OE mount was made by Field Instruments I think.Good luck finding one these days,I have been unable to so far.
So I made my own to try and frankly it sucked,too hard to get the ammo in the gun.I chased up a weaver mount it's model is 92A,just changed scopes to get the eye relief right.
Bought a $10 lenght(4ft) of alum. and file/grind away.
It's yours if you send me an e-mail.

Have you hugged your Marlins today?
38/55 Cowboy
.357/.38 Cowboy
.357/.38 1894C

And finally for Muzza.Gun is stripped for a rebarrel to .256 Win Mag,wanna buy a barrel and 120 cases?
Mount clears action by a bee's dick.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Got it. Field Instruments.
Will probably go the cheap & easy route on this rifle and find a weaver mount.

Cheers
-Stu

One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
Shaun - you have mail , dude .