Find
Notify
Tools

Re: FOR KIWI THAR AND CHAMOIS HUNTERS
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted
Now Herr HitroX your geography and history must surely extend beyond the time your ancestors arrived in chains and released the first sheep into Australia ? New Zealand has no colonial connection to Denmark , although my maternal grandmothers family came from the island of Moen in Denmark 120 years ago , but I digress .

A very able dutchman named Tasman is the first recognised European dude to locate and map any of NZ , and definately didnt land here - his journals tell us that .The Poms fronted up in c.1777 , fresh from deciding that Terra Australis looked like a great place for their lowlifes and sheep fornicators to be sent for a vacation , and proceeded to create history as it is recorded in the Official History Books . And a fine work of fiction most of it is too .

There obviously was some truth to the suggestion that the Poms donated their looneys to us , there must have been enough to go round , cos you got some as well . Just how they manged to breed into a species called politicians has me beat tho...

There endeth todays history lesson .

Posts: 4457 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
Ha ha. South Austalia was a free colony with no convicts. They had run out of British looneys by then too so had to ask some Prussian and Silesian ones to make up the lack.

Able Tasman did not land! Now that should tell you something .

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
Man ! Are you missing out on a root at present ? What a sour prick you have turned into lately!

Sounds like you need to get out more my friend , lighten up , or a heart attack will come and visit....

Actually the fact that Abel T didnt land had more to do with the reception committee that paddled out to greet him than the fact that he didnt like the place.

I am not surprised that SA was a free State , I wouldnt pay to live there either.....

Posts: 4457 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Man ! Are you missing out on a root at present ? What a sour prick you have turned into lately!

Huh? My ancestry is Prussian. I guess it was over your head.

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
My ancestry is just as Germanic , although not Prussian . And yes , I seem to be missing the point here

Care to elucidate , perchance ?

One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
A joke, mate.

You must zee that cleary. And I think I may have been wrong on the Zeeland in Netherlands vs Zealand in Denmark. Damn being beaten by a Kiwi is very hard.

One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
I know it is hard to admit being wrong ,in public , and to a Kiwi , but I guess thats the Teutonic ancestry...

Our lot came from Wurtemburg , left in 1860 , via England and ( hushed tones and sideways glances ) Tasmania. So why arent we wearing the german medals instead of BAW ?