New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Win M70 SA stock
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Con, Well Steve has got to pay for his new gunshop somehow hahaha, you are right he is a bit expensive but when he's the only one in town there is not much choice, I will be in Shep. today and will drop into Steve's for alook as I haven't seen the new place yet, Where bouts in Shep you from Con, we sold our farm in Kialla 18mths ago and now live in the big smelly smoke but we still get back to shep. every month to catch up with mates and use the SSAA range (which I will be doing today, being a SSAA R.O. I've got the keys) need to sight in my 375H&H after playing with the scope) might see you out there one day. take it easy....Les

Posts: 115 | Location: Vic Australia | Registered: 05 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Guys,
Anyone know of a synthetic stock available in Oz for a M70 SA? I don't need fancy aluminium bedding blocks or any bells and whistles. Just a clean synthetic stock that I can readily paint.
Thanks...
Con

Posts: 2198 | Location: Australia | Registered: 24 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bad Ass Wallace
posted Hide Post
Try Allan Naumann of Corporal Trading at Nerang behind the Gold Coast. [Mobile 0415 767 745]
I have one of his stocks on my 22/250 and they are very good.

Posts: 1785 | Location: Kingaroy, Australia | Registered: 29 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
G'day Con, Have you gone and seen Steve at Shepp. Outdoors, he might be able to help you, or give Ken Slee a call and get a laminate stock they are bloody good mate....Les

Posts: 115 | Location: Vic Australia | Registered: 05 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Try Cleavers for a Piers stock,$150 or so made in Brissie. HTH

I put one on my Swed a couple of years ago.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Les,
Shepp Outdoors tend to be a little....OVER-priced on nearly all their goods so I tend to stay away unless desperate or browsing. The Ken Slee laminate is a bloody good idea, never thought of that. Should be able to hollow it out a little to lighten the weight. Thanks, I'll look into it.
Cheers...
Con

one of us
posted Hide Post
Les,
Work in Shepp, live in Benalla, closer to the deer that way . Your a lucky man having a key to the range as there is a bit of unrest regarding its usage. Damn hard to sight a rifle in when every week is booked for a competition. Personally, I make the trip to Little River once a quarter to sight/chronograph loads. New store is nice, I'll give them that!
Cheers...
Con