THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOWN UNDER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Australian and New Zealand Hunting    Re: Yes , Folks - Its Steve the Wank Irwin Again

Moderators: Bakes
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Yes , Folks - Its Steve the Wank Irwin Again
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
We have the Anti-American of the year award. This year the award is being shared by Michael Moore and Jacque Chirac. We just buried the American of my lifetime.
JCN

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You may not be aware, but he could almost have been named Australian of the year except for his indescretion. Johnny wouldn't give it to him now even though steve kissed his butt. Do you have Americans of the year over there? To bad Steve didn't get Australian of the year, maybe some people might have woke up, but that is not going to happen.

Posts: 85 | Location: Australia | Registered: 30 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yes Ronald Reagan was a great man, although vilified by the press. When I was younger it was the fashion among the knowitalls to put down Reagan. Look what he's done, doe's it need repeating! A man who stood up against all the losers notions, and said lets knock em over! We need people like that great man, especially today. I salute him and all those that believe we can win.

Posts: 85 | Location: Australia | Registered: 30 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
From: http://www.abc.net.au/worldtoday/content/2004/s1131486.htm

[Note: Audio files of the broadcast are available at this link.]

Transcript
This is a transcript from The World Today. The program is broadcast around Australia at 12:10pm on ABC Local Radio.

Steve Irwin accused of breaching wildlife laws
The World Today - Monday, 14 June , 2004 12:22:00
Reporter: Jayne-Maree Sedgman

ELEANOR HALL: Steve Irwin is back in the headlines today, with claims he breached strict wildlife laws while filming in the Antarctic. The Australian Antarctic Division has asked to see footage which is to be included in a wildlife documentary to be screened in the United States later this week.

The Federal Environment Department says it's concerned about suggestions Steve Irwin got too close to penguins, whales and leopard seals while filming last summer. But the man at the centre of the controversy says the birds and mammals involved came up to him, rather than the other way round, as Jayne-Maree Sedgman reports.

STEVE IRWIN: This is a full grown weddell seal, have a go at the gorgeous colouration, have a look at you and the sweetest face, even though it's a big whopper stopper.

JAYNE-MAREE SEDGMAN: Steve Irwin doing what Steve Irwin does best.

But the man known as the Crocodile Hunter is again embroiled in controversy with allegations he breached wildlife laws by failing to keep his distance from the creatures he encountered.

The Federal Parliamentary Environment Secretary, Sharman Stone.

SHARMAN STONE: We are concerned that there's never any interference or risk in any way with Antarctic species, because they're in a very vulnerable situation.

And there's a growing interest amongst tourists to go down to the Antarctic and certainly with someone like Steve Irwin, he's highly regarded, a lot of people see what he does as important for conserving wild life, so if in fact there is any breach of the permit that was given, we're concerned about that.

So at this stage, what we're doing is investigating what occurred last summer down there on the ice.

JAYNE-MAREE SEDGMAN: Steve Irwin's company successfully sought a permit to film in the Antarctic last summer for his new documentary "Ice Breaker", which is set to screen in the US this Friday. But the promotional blurb has the environment authorities worried.

It states:

STEVE IRWIN BLURB: He slides down hillsides with penguins, almost rubs noses with the notoriously dangerous leopard seals and spends the most inspiring time with two friendly hump back whales.

JAYNE-MAREE SEDGMAN: But Steve Irwin is emphatic he's done nothing wrong, telling Channel 9 the issue has been blown way out of proportion.

STEVE IRWIN: Look, to my knowledge, the environmental agency, they saw the vision and they OK'd everything, so it's just a big storm in a teacup.

REPORTER: So it's all over red rover?

STEVE IRWIN: Yeah, mate. I've got big enemies. You imagine, I'm highlighting the beauty of whales, whether it be in Antarctica or in Moreton Bay. Righteo, there's nations out there that kill 'em, that use the disguise of scientific research to kill whales, Steve, kill 'em and eat 'em. Now, there's the true atrocity.

JAYNE-MAREE SEDGEMAN: But Sharman Stone denies the footage has in any way been approved.

SHARMAN STONE: Well no, that's not the case. My understanding is that at this stage we've asked for much more detailed footage. All we've got is the website material and that's pretty inconclusive in terms of the actual distances from species.

One of your problems of course, when you're down in the Antarctic is that you can be approached by animals, they're very tame, a lot of them don't fear humans, and we want to make sure the impressions given of him lying with seals and frolicking with penguins and so on wasn't a case of actually, as it says, interfering with animals, going too close and disturbing them.

JAYNE-MAREE SEDGMAN: Wildlife laws prohibit anyone from approaching or engaging any bird or animal, no matter how friendly they may seem. And any breach of those laws can cost up to a million dollars and/or two years jail.

Steve Irwin declined to comment to The World Today.

ELEANOR HALL: Jayne-Maree Sedgman with our report.

Posts: 3485 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 22 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
Yes Steve Irwin is a certified wanker but so are these bureacrats, glorified desk jockeys who never get out in the bush, the sea, the Antartic but believe they are little Hitlers able to order citizens around endlessly, harassing them often for no apparent need.

I'm not defending Irwin but these bureacrat arseholes really annoy me no end. Same pricks that are trying to steal our firearms and stop all sporting hunting among other things.

F*** them all!

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nitro,

I agree. They're all wankers!!!

-Bob F.

Posts: 3485 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 22 February 2001Reply With Quote