New
Find
Notify
Tools

Brisbane Gunshow Report
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Saw a No4 BSA 1944 Sniper rifle being brokered by a dealer,price unknown.
Plenty of bayonets and knives.An Asian walking around dressed like a WW2 Marine???? Go for broke?
One guy dressed as a Luftwaffe Officer,down to the flying boots.
Last but not least I saw Bad Ass rise from his sick bed to attend.I told him his mug would be on the net this arvo. Gotta keep the promise.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Far Canal,

I did not get to the show today but 2 of my mates did and said that this was the last one they attend as there was the biggest load of s--t there. They also said that Cleavers is cheaper by far for any new stuff than anyone there.

Bit of a shame really. I always go in the hope of finding a beaut Mannlicher Schoenhauer in 6.5x54 in pristine condition for a bargain price. OK I know I'm dreaming.....

Posts: 789 | Location: Australia | Registered: 24 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bad Ass Wallace
posted Hide Post
Had a good look around and generally good rifles were overpriced; $350 for Martini Cadets; $1200+ for good 577/450. However,a friend of mine bought a L/H Husqvana M8000 marked at $1400 for $900 so prices are inflated to allow haggling which has always been the attraction of gunshows. If the seller won't haggle then obviously he wants to take it back home; right.

One of the trends I am see is the preliferation of gun parts i.e the wrecking industry, which will continue to gain popularity as buying parts from overseas requires more and more forms to fill out. I bought a complete SBH rear sight for my 38/40 for $5.00 which is $US12.95 from Gun Parts and required import permit. Plenty of S/H gun stocks for both military and sporting rifles from $15-$90.

Plenty of bargins in the large calibre (+38) pistol gear with factory Winchester 44Mag selling for $15/50 and RCBS dies $20 and cases $10/100. Very good for shooters with Winchester 92/94's.

There was a Pecar 4x81 on the table next to us that was marked at $275 but went for $200 cash.

Are they worth the trouble, well yes if it's S/H parts and cheap S/H reloading components that you are after. Buy your brand new gear from your favourite gunshop!

Posts: 1785 | Location: Kingaroy, Australia | Registered: 29 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bad Ass Wallace
posted Hide Post
Muzza,
Didn't see a flamin 222 Rimmed new or used anywhere? How do you get on ordering direct from Bertram?

Here's his address & telephone No.
Bertram Bullet Co Pty Ltd
(Bruce Bertram) 2000 Old Hume Hwy Seymour 3660
(03) 5792 2912

Posts: 1785 | Location: Kingaroy, Australia | Registered: 29 April 2002Reply With Quote