THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOWN UNDER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Australian and New Zealand Hunting    American Visitor wishing to go hunting around Bundaburg / Brisbane Australia

Moderators: Bakes
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

American Visitor wishing to go hunting around Bundaburg / Brisbane Australia
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I'm doing a little research for a good friend. He traveling to Australia within the next 2 weeks to attend his son's wedding. His son is to marry a very nice and pretty Australian girl from the Bundaburg area out side of Brisbane (I hope I spelled that right).

Almost at the last moment, he has thought that it might be interesting to go on some type of a hunt, while he's there. Any information on hunting opportunities would be appreciated.

Posts: 139 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bad Ass Wallace
posted Hide Post
G'day Bigdog2;
What is his itenary? Bundaberg is about 4 hours drive north from Brisbane. I'm 3 hours drive from both Bundaberg and Brisbane but inland 150km.

In order to hunt here he would need an overseas visitors permit which has to be signed by his hometown police department.

Bit hard to organise anything on such short notice however he would be welcome to stay at our house (in the bush) and enjoy a warm fire and a whiskey or two!

There is also a cowboy single action match at Gunalda on the July 24th where true Aussie hostitality would be thrushed upon him.

Hold still varmint; while I plugs yer!
If'n I miss, our band of 45/70 brothers, will fill yer full of lead!

Posts: 1785 | Location: Kingaroy, Australia | Registered: 29 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Easy_Rollins
posted Hide Post
My 92yo Granny lives in Bundy.

Bundaberg is on the coast,hunting pigs is 2+ hours inland.We are going through the biggest drought in 100yrs,so not much game around lately.
Best bet is to go fishing out at Lady Musgrave Island on the Barrier Reef-boat leaves from Bundy on day trips.Visit to Fraser Island is a must do as well as Whale Watching at Hervey Bay(2 hours south of Bundy)
Stop in at Bad Ass's for a drool over his fine firearms would also be on my list of things-to-do.
If he allowed four of five days to drive up to Bundy it could all be fitted in nicely.The International Airport is at Brisbane,hire a medium sized car and arrive at Bad Ass's for dinner sounds like a plan.(approx 3hrs drive)

Opps almost forgot...Bundy is a rare country town in that is has a small public Zoo on the banks of the Burnett River.Great place to see Deer,Emus,Kangaroo,Wallabies,Parrots etc.Not very large but it's free,a large park next to it as well.
HTH

In the park next to the Zoo.

Regards,Shaun.

Kids in the back seat cause accidents,accidents in the back seat cause kids.

Posts: 479 | Location: Brisbane,Australia. | Registered: 28 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
where true Aussie hostitality would be thrushed upon him.

Hostitality? Was that a Freudian slip, Bad Ass?
jump

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12552 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
You got any information on the Armstrong gun in the park there Shaun- history wise ?

Old enough to know better

Posts: 4458 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Easy_Rollins
posted Hide Post
No one seems to know much about them or where they came from.I should do some more inquiries when I'm next up that way.
Sadly it won't be too long I don't think,Granny has lost the will to live and has been in Hospital twice in the last fortnight. Frowner

Regards,Shaun.

Posts: 479 | Location: Brisbane,Australia. | Registered: 28 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bad Ass Wallace
posted Hide Post
Aw cum on Fjold, I got too only fingers that type and neither of them cam spel ither bawling

Hold still varmint; while I plugs yer!
If'n I miss, our band of 45/70 brothers, will fill yer full of lead!

Posts: 1785 | Location: Kingaroy, Australia | Registered: 29 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of chapster1
posted Hide Post
holy shit easy rollins you must have some very big pigs if you use that cannon lol mgun

Posts: 165 | Location: North Yorkshire yippeeeee | Registered: 08 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Easy_Rollins
posted Hide Post
We use big pigs IN the cannon LOL.Finding 80 pounders isn't really a problem,gettin them down to 6" is a bit tricky tho.They tend to squish everywhere. Big Grin

Regards,Shaun.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys I'll pass on the information and comments.

Posts: 139 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
While in Bundaberg The Getlemen in question may try to hunt chital deer in the region.I can put him in touch with a reputable chital outfitter there, Vince Ash, he may have some free time slots at that time .Actually Queensland is now the only place on Earth where chital stag free range can be hunted.
Queensland visitors shooters licence takes about 2-3 weeks to process and it became peicy lately - some AUD 82.00 for the priviledge !
Les Kosek
Terra Incognita Guides
lesterra@ozemail.com.au

Posts: 33 | Location: Sydney Australia | Registered: 04 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
bigdog

Here are some outfitters for your friend to contact.

I did a search of the South Pacific Outfitters Listing at NitroExpress.com and came up with these outfitters.

I know Alan Moon and he is a good guy. He operates in Northern Queensland but lives down South. He may be able to help with a hunt or put your friend onto someone.

Alan Moon Safaris and Videos

Hunt Australia operates throughout Australia and may be another to help your friend. i have hunted with them and they run a quality operation.

Hunt Australia

I can't personally recommend these as I haven't used them but I got them off a search on the word "Queensland" off the listing.

Havago Australia
Australian Wide Safaris
Australian Hunting Safaris

John H.

NitroExpress.com - the net's double rifle forum

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Hi Nitrox
Do you know anything about Australian Hunting Safaris ? Do you know the bloke who runs this joint ? I do, it is quite an interesting story.
Les

Posts: 33 | Location: Sydney Australia | Registered: 04 December 2003Reply With Quote