Notify
Tools

First Pig
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of kiwiwildcat
posted
Hey guys,

Shot weekend of the 7th & 8th June, just on dusk in a fine misty rain.

Estimate this sow went at about 70 - 80lbs. Shot with a .280 Remington and 120 GS Custom at 80 yards down a steep slope.

Shot on a property 3 hours north of Auckland city.

She was only the Fish Mongers daughter. But she lay on the slab and said 'fillet'

Posts: 511 | Location: Auckland, New Zealand. | Registered: 22 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nzsr
posted Hide Post
Hunting in your "Stubbies" Top man!

Nice pig mate!

Posts: 27 | Location: Kiwi by birth,Norway for work | Registered: 21 October 2007Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Shorts and a jumper.....you Kiwi's make me laugh.
lol
Well done mate Wink

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7973 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TOP_PREDATOR
posted Hide Post
In Australia it would be no shorts and a Sheep clap you crazy Australians

"Never in the field of human conflict
was so much owed by so many to so few." Sir Winston Churchill

Posts: 1870 | Location: Throughout the British Empire | Registered: 08 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Three hours north of Dorkland?

Is that above Whangarei?

Are you a Westy? Big Grin

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12537 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fjold:
Three hours north of Dorkland?

Is that above Whangarei?

Are you a Westy? Big Grin

Frank it's good to see you are keeping up with the local terms of endearment. My favourite is the NZ Deer Stalkers Soc being called the
Dalk Steerers. rotflmo
PS I am, and have been for some years, a member of NZ Deer Stalkers and hope that all NZ members of this board are too.

Posts: 1374 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of kiwiwildcat
posted Hide Post
Hey guys,

Thanks for the humerous replies, just have to clear one or two points up:

1) Shorts and bush shirt
2) Yes just north of Whangarei and about 20mins South of Russell. Currently I am a Westie, but moving out to the east side this week.

She was only the Fish Mongers daughter. But she lay on the slab and said 'fillet'

Posts: 511 | Location: Auckland, New Zealand. | Registered: 22 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
Dont worry about Bakes , mate .

One of his main objectives ( stated plainly on this forum ) is to " mount a spotted pig".

I always thought the average aussie had a thing for sheep , so maybe Bakes isnt the average aussie......

Old enough to know better

Posts: 4456 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gidday Guys,

Isn't it funny that the only nationality to have the bollocks and the brains to wear shorts are the Kiwis.

For those who are ignorant of the reason we wear shorts it is that with numerous river and stream crossings your bare legs dry out faster than trousers. This lowers the risk of hypothermia.

The other reason is that if you are climbing anything bigger than an anthill trousers, especially wet ones, bind on your thighs making it even harder to climb. And you wonder why we are so much faster up the hills than you guys! lol

Happy Hunting

Hamish

Posts: 588 | Location: christchurch NZ | Registered: 11 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
try out a kilt for yaa, that would make you even faster uphill.

Shorts and gaiters hmm, well that could work, don´t you guys have tics around there?

/C

quote:
Originally posted by Hamish:
Gidday Guys,

Isn't it funny that the only nationality to have the bollocks and the brains to wear shorts are the Kiwis.

For those who are ignorant of the reason we wear shorts it is that with numerous river and stream crossings your bare legs dry out faster than trousers. This lowers the risk of hypothermia.

The other reason is that if you are climbing anything bigger than an anthill trousers, especially wet ones, bind on your thighs making it even harder to climb. And you wonder why we are so much faster up the hills than you guys! lol

Happy Hunting

Hamish

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gidday Husqvarna M98,

No problem with ticks here thank Heaven though sandflies can annoy those not used to them. If that is an issue just wear long johns under your shorts.

Why do you think kilts are worn by the highlanders? That is why they call them highlanders, they climb the highlands. Plus a kilt is very warm.

Happy Hunting

Hamish

Posts: 588 | Location: christchurch NZ | Registered: 11 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bob from down under
posted Hide Post
Are you happy with the projectile? Did you dig it out and check how it performed?

Regards,
Bob.

Posts: 480 | Location: Australia | Registered: 15 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hamish, should you lads need any help down there from a solid build 5 11 viking, just say so, I thought skirts were for girls, until I realised that it was us the vikings that came up with the idea of kilts, we just called them "kolt" and they looked almost the same. Wink

Am I messing with your head or am I thruthful, well..

Up here a stroll through the fields in shorts at least while hunting, would yield some 10-20 tics.

/Best regards Chris

quote:
Originally posted by Hamish:
Gidday Husqvarna M98,

No problem with ticks here thank Heaven though sandflies can annoy those not used to them. If that is an issue just wear long johns under your shorts.

Why do you think kilts are worn by the highlanders? That is why they call them highlanders, they climb the highlands. Plus a kilt is very warm.

Happy Hunting

Hamish

One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
I get a nervous tic sometimes . Does that count?

Posts: 4456 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by muzza:
I get a nervous tic sometimes . Does that count?

Ya, but that's only when the nice folks down at the customs office call you about the contents of your inbound packages.

How ya doing Muzza wave

Posts: 2124 | Location: Whittemore, MI, USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
I havent had that official phonecall for ages now mate - got a better system these days ( so far anyway )

Doing good , shit weather for hunting but have a new mauser in 8mm-06 to sort so keeping busy.