Find
Notify
Tools

NZ Duckshooting
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of HendrikNZ
posted
Today was the 1st day of the 2009 NZ duck shooting season.

I'll start by putting up this:

We got 6 Parries and 12 Mallards on a small pond just north of Christchurch. The morning was quite good, things slowed down during mid day and heated up nicely again on dusk.
Heading out again tomorrow morning.

Anyone else had any luck?

Regards
Hendrik

Posts: 356 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 11 April 2009Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Good day mate cheers

Gun control is hitting your target!

Posts: 5 | Location: Hawkes Bay New Zealand | Registered: 10 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice.

Posts: 11975 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
well....I didnt have such good luck. probably because i went deer hunting in the morning. did see a 10pt red roaring with half a dozen hinds.

Went out for an evening duck shoot and chased 25-30 ducks of the pond we were going to shoot. I think we got 1 and none came back in the few hours we sat their. went out the next night and they hadnt been back. called 3 in and shot 1 of them.

went down feeding a dam tonight that ive been feeding up and there was 70 odd mallards on it. going to sit on that dam this weekend. hopefully bag a few!

Posts: 735 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 17 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of HendrikNZ
posted Hide Post
Took 4 more off that pond this afternoon by sheer luck.
my calling really sucks, any advice?
(besides buying an electronic caller :-))

Cheers
H

Posts: 356 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 11 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 35 | Location: South Island New Zealand | Registered: 19 July 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted Hide Post
That photo could be on the cover of a magazine - it's incredible! Looks like the hunting is pretty good there too. Wink

Posts: 3291 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
BASTARD Mad Big Grin I'm surrounded by ducks and magpie geese...and can't shoot any of them! Frowner

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7976 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote