Notify
Tools

Aussie Buffalo
 Login/Join

posted

Posts: 11017 | Registered: 14 December 2000Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Can't see them up close Some nice pics, I see Bob penfold in there with a buff that looks like its been hit with boot polish!

Posts: 7976 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
HEY!
This ones still kicking,better put another one into him to be sure.

one of us
Picture of Marrakai
posted Hide Post
No he's not!!!

Posts: 243 | Location: Darwin, Australia | Registered: 12 April 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Bakes,
You say you can't see them up close?
The photos don't enlarge by clicking on them??

Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
They enlarge but then all I get is a X < !--color-->

The one that Shaun posted, is that the buff from Croc Dundee? If it is you can see him at the Adelaide river pub....Stuffed standing on the bar!

Posts: 7976 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tonto
posted Hide Post
That old guy sitting in the chair with the skull and levergun I hope that aint no 45/70
Some real nice animals but how tough are they? After all Dundee took that one down with just 2 fingers
Dean

Posts: 1057 | Location: adirondacks,NY ,USA | Registered: 30 December 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Bakes,
Try right clicking on the red X and you'll get a menu. Click "open picture" ... sometimes it works.

Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Nope, No good. Never mind mate I can still see them

one of us
Picture of Marrakai
posted Hide Post
Tonto:
Dunno where the 'Bakes' Baker from Bakersfield came from, but that picture is Fred Hardy sitting on the verandah of the original 'Bark Hut' at Old Humpty Doo, circa 1920. The rattle-gun is more likely to have been a .44-40, the old cow almost certainly shot from horseback, though someone here may know the full story.

Posts: 243 | Location: Darwin, Australia | Registered: 12 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
It's so rare to find good photos of water buffalo or banteng alive and standing. Usually it is these trophy buff photos. I wonder does this mean water buff are more skittish and less willing to stand around than cape buff?

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Nitro - I think it more likely that there simply isn't anyone out there taking photos, other than successful hunters. I have more "live" photos somewhere. I'll look for them and add them if you like.

Marrakai - You are correct. I was just teasing "Bakes" a bit and yes, 44-40 would be my guess, also.

Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Only guy I know that gets up close to live Buff is Gary, he has some good pics, some he has posted here. Mind you if one charges the bugger can run like the wind

oh and Nick....

posted Hide Post
Added some "live" pics to buffalo and banteng galleries.