New
Find
Notify
Tools

ANZAC Day
 Login/Join

posted
Gents,

I won't be around a PC on the 25th, but here's a toast from the other side of the world to the brave Service men and women of Australia and New Zealand, both past and present. beer

Anyone who currently has friends or family serving in harms way, I hope they return home safely, and soon..

Regards,

Peter

Posts: 5684 | Location: North Wales UK | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Beat me to the punch Pete Big Grin Thanks for thinking of us.

I'm marching in Darwin with the dogs today.Hope everything goes smoothly (with dogs you never can tell Roll Eyes)

All the best to our Kiwi mates on this day, I'll have a few bourbons for you over here beer

Least we forget.

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7976 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys, hands out to the Aussies too on this day & also to all the poor souls wherever in the world they're serving as they tidy up the messes that the polies get them into.

We will remember them.

Steve.

Posts: 540 | Location: Nelson, New Zealand | Registered: 07 March 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Good to see this post up and going. I remember meeting one of the last Anzac diggers when I was in primary school, and still feel the same awe and pity for them.

Lest we forget.

...I feel sorry for people who don't drink.
When they wake up they know that's as good as they're going to feel all day.

Posts: 2283 | Location: Aussie in Italy | Registered: 20 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gidday Guys,

No greater love than he who lays down his life for his mates.

Robbie, Mitch, Timu, Kaio, we won't forget you guys.

Happy Hunting

Hamish

Posts: 588 | Location: christchurch NZ | Registered: 11 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
And here's another toast from the US of A. I shall watch "Gallipoli" and " The Light Horsemen" (again) over the next few days.
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10510 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I had supper with a nice Aussie bloke the other night, and he was explaining Anzac Day to me, so a toast to all the fine men and women who have served their country so well. - dan

"Intellectual truth is eternally one: moral or sentimental truth is a geographic and chronological accident that varies with the individual" R.F. Burton

Posts: 5284 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 05 October 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was parading at dawn, my first ANZAC Day since coming here to join the police.
I noticed an NZ Army captain who had the same UK medal I have and went over to have a chat... turns out he's been here for only 2 years and our parents are really good friends!
A nice day for a happy coincidence.

Posts: 120 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 28 August 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Just e-bayed a copy of John Williamson "Waltzing Matilda" on the strength of this thread.
You Aussis and kiwis were always "special mates" held in high esteem to the British.
God bless.

Posts: 337 | Location: Devon UK | Registered: 21 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you gentleman!
Good to see folks from another country honor our veterans as we do. Makes me proud to think others are proud of my forefathers.

Posts: 109 | Location: Jabiru NT | Registered: 24 February 2006Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Well the march through Darwin went OK. Had to dodge horse shit everywhere lol One camera man got a bit to close to one of the dogs and it went for him. I'd love to see that pic rotflmo

A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7976 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bakes:
One camera man got a bit to close to one of the dogs and it went for him. rotflmo

Most unfunny thing that's ever happened to me was walking out a warehouse door late one night slap bang into a doggie and his furry partner in crime. I screamed like a school girl, the doggie yelled something unintelligible and the damn dog was all teeth and hair from about a foot in front of my dial shocker

Posts: 109 | Location: Jabiru NT | Registered: 24 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bakes:
One camera man got a bit to close to one of the dogs and it went for him. I'd love to see that pic rotflmo

Come on Bakes, stop having fun with the media. Rover might have caught something if he bit him. Smiler

John H.

NitroExpress.com - the net's double rifle forum

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
You know I feel bad, I had five separate conversations with people in New Zealand today (we all work weekends) and I never mentioned it once.

There's a coincidence, two minutes after I posted this I got called again from New Zealand and got to express my sentiments. I feel better now.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12548 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
John, I didn't know it happened till the end. The dog didn't bark or growl....just flew him Big Grin. Its handler is straight off basic course and she did well to control the big bugger.