Notify
Tools

Re: Too many Teddy-Bears
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Bad Ass Wallace
posted
"Shoot Them"

Perhaps someone ought to remind the Democrats that due to their fucken support for Johnny Howard's gun confiscation program, ther ain't to many shooters left to shoot fucken kolas, unless thay withdraw the ADI from Iraq!

Posts: 1785 | Location: Kingaroy, Australia | Registered: 29 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Some twit years ago introduced Koalas to Kangaroo Island,they are not supposed to be there.
Local wildlife is suffering because of their presence.
Shoot'em all I say,I'd like a nice Koala skin coat.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Check it out.

Yahoo news

Rick

Posts: 159 | Location: Watkins Glen, NY, USA | Registered: 24 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I recall seeing a tanned Koala skin selling for about $1500. I would think they were sitting on a gold mine, think of what some taxidermists would pay for a mountable hide. I am sure zoos must have to pay big bucks for Koalas for their exhibits. Sounds like every zoo in the world could have them. If they have to reduce the population, why not make some bucks off it. Capture them live if nothing else.

Posts: 1357 | Location: Texas | Registered: 17 August 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
We used to sell the koala's that live on Amberley RAAF base to visiting yanks You should see them trying to climb the tree to get "Their" Koala

Posts: 7976 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shehuntz
posted Hide Post
Quote:

I recall seeing a tanned Koala skin selling for about $1500. I would think they were sitting on a gold mine, think of what some taxidermists would pay for a mountable hide. I am sure zoos must have to pay big bucks for Koalas for their exhibits. Sounds like every zoo in the world could have them. If they have to reduce the population, why not make some bucks off it. Capture them live if nothing else.

Hmmmnn , a tanned koala skin for sale - quite ilegal i believe- unless permited(doubtful).

No point payin big $$$ for one - cant display them without permission or sell them and besides you can find them on the side of the road easy enough if that desperate.

But then - each to thier own i guess.

(edited to say; you'd be amazed what zoo's get 'rid' of due to lack of space - and they bury the lot unless your 'a good mate')

Posts: 227 | Location: Australia. | Registered: 23 March 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Solving the teddy bear problem sounds like a job for the one and only, BIG MORTIE!

L.W.

Posts: 253 | Location: S.W. Idaho | Registered: 30 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
I wonder what they taste like?

Roasted on the spit, grilled, fried, baked, stewed, sausages, koala hamburgers, stir-fried. Endless possibilities.

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
According to an old codger I knew years ago (he's been dead now for many years), they taste awful. Apparently the diet of gum leaves concentrates the eucalyptus flavour, and that's what they taste like. He reckoned he only tried it once, and didn't have more than a mouthful. Dunno how true it is, but it would make sense.

Posts: 1275 | Location: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia | Registered: 02 May 2002Reply With Quote