New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Tahr down
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Keep us posted Tony - makes me real envious but I hope to do a hunt in the Land of the Long white cloud real soon.

What did you use on the Tahr?

Posts: 789 | Location: Australia | Registered: 24 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
Congratluations Tony.

A good tahr has to be one of the greatest trophies. And the scenery up there is pretty memorable. The chopper flights over those mountains ain't bad too.

Watch out for the gollums, orks and muzzas in LOTR's country.

Good luck for your red stag.

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well done Tony,have a great time you lucky bastard.
Wish I was there.

one of us
posted Hide Post
You mean,Land of the Long White Clod.

One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
Guess that makes Australia the Land of the Short Fat Clod then.....

Posts: 4458 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mission sucessful,got a rise outa Murray.

one of us
Picture of Outdoor Writer
posted Hide Post
Okay guys, first photo of my tahr. This one is from Tim Buma's 35mm that was also put on CD. I can't get at mine because I don't have the cord to download them to the computer.

Today we went after stags and both killed very respectable ones. Although it was a ranch hunt, it wasn't a "shoot the one standing out in the middle of the paddock" type hunt. Mine was a 9x10. Photos later. I also answer questions and give a fuller report when I get home next week. -TONY

Posts: 3269 | Location: Glendale, AZ | Registered: 28 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
Brilliant , mate . Thats a damn fine trophy , you got a deer as well , and the weather has been ok too .
We like to see happy visitors , and you make two in the last month , so things are looking good . Tell your friends to come down here as well ...

Posts: 4458 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Very nice mate, good clear pic as well. Congrats all round.

Posts: 7981 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nice picture,well done.Weather looks good.(back slap icon)

One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
So both you and NitroX missed out on a bit part in LOTR and are now bitter and twisted over it.....

one of us
posted Hide Post
Please, please shoot any stray Lord of the Ring characters...I cannot stand the movies!!!
Beautiful cape on that animal, deserves a shoulder mount!! Sounds like a successful hunt!

Posts: 2359 | Location: London | Registered: 31 May 2003Reply With Quote