Find
Notify
Tools

My best day's shooting yet.
 Login/Join

Picture of Bakes
posted
Went out for a morning shoot and managed 6 of the buggers dancing

And everyone in the Baker household gets their share. It takes about 40 seconds for the leg to disapear down the gob of Nugget the staffy. Maddy is a bit of a princess....she takes her time.

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7975 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
good work bakes!!

Out of interest - how many shots to get 6??

A day spent in the bush is a day added to your life
Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - Facebook
Hunt Australia - TV

Posts: 4456 | Location: Australia | Registered: 23 January 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Well 6 silly...... Roll Eyes Big Grin

But really not that many. I'm not the best at the side on shots so I limit myself to the overhead shots. I'd rather pass up a shot to the side than wound a goose.

A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7975 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
did you shoot them or run them over?
rob

"the older I get, the better I was"

Posts: 462 | Location: Coogee, Australia | Registered: 26 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
after seeing the photo of the Staffy, i can see why people think owners look like their dogs.

"the older I get, the better I was"

Posts: 462 | Location: Coogee, Australia | Registered: 26 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bakes:
Well 6 silly...... Roll Eyes Big Grin

But really not that many. I'm not the best at the side on shots so I limit myself to the overhead shots. I'd rather pass up a shot to the side than wound a goose.

Yeah I am not the best shotgunner myself. Those geese a hard targets...difficlt to judge speed and range... I find with crossing shots you almost always instinctively shoot behind them - thinking they are going slower than they really are..

sound about right??

I dont even want to think about my historical shots:goose ratio - it wouldn't be very pretty... Roll Eyes

A day spent in the bush is a day added to your life
Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - Facebook
Hunt Australia - TV

Posts: 4456 | Location: Australia | Registered: 23 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
Robz - you're being a bit hard on the dog arent you ? Wink

Good shooting Bakes - I bet those geese take a lot to knock them down. Well done

Old enough to know better

Posts: 4457 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Hey Rob....Bite your arse Big Grin

Thats what I've found too Matt. The guy I go out with is an experienced duck/trap shooter who has just come up to the NT from Vic. It took him a few shots to sus out their speed.

They are very tough Muzza. Some shots you can hear the shot rattle through their wings and they fly on untouched. We have to use steel shot on the public swamps perhaps thats why they can fly on like nothing happened.....or more likley I'm a crap shot rotflmo

one of us
posted Hide Post
Good job Bakes - thats a bloody sight better than I could have done. Not much chop with the old shotty!!

GG

Posts: 500 | Location: Queensland, Australia | Registered: 07 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice one Bakesy thumb
Geoff and I managed a few last time I was up your way too.... First time shootin geese for me and hell it was fun Big Grin

Posts: 109 | Location: Jabiru NT | Registered: 24 February 2006Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
No crocs in there Wiz? Eeker
Took the eldest boy out this morning and he downed two! Pics to follow.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I dunno Bakesy... It were only Geoff trolling a dead goose to check if there was anyway fishing

Is there any crocs out there at Howard Springs reserve?

Posts: 109 | Location: Jabiru NT | Registered: 24 February 2006Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Yep and at Harrisons Dam.