New
Find
Notify
Tools

PETA
 Login/Join

Picture of Bakes
posted
The other day a girl at work sent me a petition via e-mail from PETA, to stop the killing of harp seals gunsmile (and she knew I hunt bewildered go figure) Sooooo I went up to her and explained my position and thoughts about PETA and what they stand for and what they are doing to the Aussie farmer (none to quietly Wink)Now I know what you are thinking....your thinking Bakes got into an argument with a PETA freak, well no there was no argument....I out rank her clap

RHIP- Rank Has Its Privilege jump

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7979 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good work Bakes !! I hate the PETA Freaks.

Posts: 7505 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of invader66
posted Hide Post
clap clap

beer

Semper Fi
WE BAND OF BUBBAS
STC Hunting Club

Posts: 1684 | Location: Walker Co,Texas | Registered: 27 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
thumb
Am slowly working on my office collegues also.
It seems to be important to seperate animal rights from animal welfare.

i.e. Musling is cruel so you must stop the sheep trade as animals have rights.

This is not a debate on musling vs not musling and how it effects the animals welfare.

This is vegetarians trying to stop farming.

Hunting for meat or feral animal control is going to be very hard to fight on an animal rights front.

Am following with keen interest factional divisions within our own RSPCA.

With a few cute and cuddly promotions the RSPCA or Peta could get a lot of support over poorly defined issues.

regards
robe

Posts: 143 | Location: Australia | Registered: 07 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bakes

I work in the red meat industry and go head to head with these freaks on a regular basis. Sadly the likes of your co-worker usually dont understand the issues they get involved in and are pawns of the PETA machine. It's astounding how many people treat the guff that PETA spouts as gospel.

I have found that the best strategy is to ask them to explain their position to you. If you dig a bit deeper they inevitably find it impossible to justify their claims. The other day one of them tried to tell me that all livestock should be eradicated and crops planted in their place. She lacked the basic understanding that there is simply not enough arable land avaiable on the planet to plant enough crops to sustain the population. Meat protein will grow where crops wont.

Make no mistake, like robe0280 said these people want farming stopped. Its got bugger all to do with animal rights.

Fight on!

Scott

Posts: 39 | Location: Sydney, Australia | Registered: 23 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TOP_PREDATOR
posted Hide Post
Don't vegetables have rights too?? sofa

"Never in the field of human conflict
was so much owed by so many to so few." Sir Winston Churchill

Posts: 1870 | Location: Throughout the British Empire | Registered: 08 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gidday Guys,

Course veges have rights. They have the same rights as meat to be on my plate or in my oven.

God save humanity from pansies and townies.

Hey Top Predator how did you get on down in the Greenstone. Bet you had a ball.

Happy Hunting

Hamish

Posts: 588 | Location: christchurch NZ | Registered: 11 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
I heard a PETAhead argument the other day.

One of my pet arguments to counter them is when they sprout off about not hurting or eating animals etc etc, I let them waffle on and then ask them, if they do not want to destroy wildlife, how can they justify the clear felling of bush, forests, grass plains etc to make lands suitable for cropping? It is clearly activity far more detrimental to wildlife than say cattle farming or sheep farming, where many wildlife live in conjunction with stock quite well. Basically for horticulture or cereal cropping almost all significant wildlife is removed. Clearly not respecting "animal rights".

Well obviously more than I have been using this clearly winning argument as now the PETAheads try to counter it by arguing running stock for meat consumption ( Eeker shock horror - eating an animal! Eeker) involves a lot of supplementary feeding as well. They argue if meat wasn't being eaten there would be far less cereal cropping required meaning far less land needed to be taken away from "nature".

nut nut nut

So they admit their chosen foodstuffs are more detrimental to nature. thumb

Now lets say we eat exclusively game meats instead of domestic stock. Kangaroo, emu, crocodile, wallaby, African game meats etc, then their argument holds less than no water. And we all know native wildlife is usually far superior in coping with marginal lands.

So the PETAhead argument to me suugests PETA is supporting sport and commercial hunting of native wildlife for meat to reduce or remove the need for domestic stock.

Myself I believe I am a predator. I have two front facing eyes and incisor meat cutting teeth. If the PETAheads want to be grazers and browsers, the traditional prey of predators, then lets accept that. The trouble will be finding a vege or vegan that is fat and juicy enough. Usually scrawny, pallid and sickly.

Something to do with their diet I think. Wink

John H.

NitroExpress.com - the net's double rifle forum

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A "brother?" in arms no doubt Bakes.

Shooting is FUN, winning is MORE fun but shooting IS fun.

Posts: 336 | Location: Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia | Registered: 09 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TOP_PREDATOR:
Don't vegetables have rights too?? sofa

Yeah thats why I am a meatatarian Big Grin

I don't beleive in harming vegetables

Posts: 7505 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of The Cat Doctor
posted Hide Post
PETA????

People
Eating
Tasty
Animals

I don't have a problem with that. jump

Posts: 165 | Location: missouri | Registered: 18 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Flippy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PC:
quote:
Originally posted by TOP_PREDATOR:
Don't vegetables have rights too??

Yeah thats why I am a meatatarian

I don't beleive in harming vegetables

Hunting vegetables is no fun.

They can't run...

JUST A TYPICAL WHITE GUY BITTERLY CLINGING TO GUNS AND RELIGION

Definition of HOPLOPHOBIA

"I'm the guy that originally wrote the 'assault weapons' ban." --- Former Vice President Joe Biden

Posts: 1700 | Location: Lurking somewhere around SpringTucky Oregon | Registered: 18 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Sevens
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hunting vegetables is no fun.

Meat taste better to!

If you died tomorrow, what would you have done today ...

2018 Zimbabwe - Tuskless w/ Nengasha Safaris
2011 Mozambique - Buffalo w/ Mashambanzou Safaris

Posts: 2789 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 27 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Flippy
posted Hide Post
As Bob from Texas says:
"There's room for all of God's creatures, right next to the mashed potatoes."

"I'm the guy that originally wrote the 'assault weapons' ban." --- Former Vice President Joe Biden

Posts: 1700 | Location: Lurking somewhere around SpringTucky Oregon | Registered: 18 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If God didn't want us to eat animals--why did he make them out of meat??????

the chef--I cook vegetables as well as meat

one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
If you went hunting for lettuce, the only shot you have is a head shot. That will not leave anything to eat. roflmao

Hog Killer

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Roll Eyes Big Grin

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7979 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Don't make the mistake of believing that these idealists are capable of logical arguement . Their understanding of the laws of nature don't extend past animated TV programs where herbivores and carnivores live in peace and harmony and the (former) predators are now vegans.
Must have watched too much Blinky Bill as kids .

The hunting imperative was part of every man's soul; some denied or suppressed it, others diverted it into less blatantly violent avenues of expression, wielding clubs on the golf course or racquets on the court, substituting a little white ball for the prey of flesh and blood.
Wilbur Smith

Posts: 916 | Location: L.H. side of downunder | Registered: 07 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Flippy
posted Hide Post
Funny very funny, except the Blinky Bill stuff.
It is unfortunately too true to be funny.

One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
Walt Disney has a lot to answer for....

Old enough to know better

Posts: 4458 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote