New
Find
Notify
Tools

FOR KIWI THAR AND CHAMOIS HUNTERS
 Login/Join

one of us
posted

Posts: 87 | Location: Queensland Australia | Registered: 07 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of pete152
posted Hide Post
Gidday,
How did you go,did you pass??
Peter

Posts: 171 | Location: australia | Registered: 06 July 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Since I am only related to a naturalized Kiwi, and only a wannagonnabee Thar hunter, I can not figure how I passed so well. nice test. I know that Aussies have reported difficulty passing, and some have taken the test more than once.

Perhpas the computer senses the source of the testees?

If the testee is not from downunder, than the computer knows it and gives a passing score.

Cheers and jeers, mate.

Posts: 902 | Location: Denver Colderado | Registered: 13 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
or could it be that the test is too difficult for people from some countries...?????

Posts: 4458 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Muzza: Did you know there are three types of people in Australia? those that can count and those that can't.

No problem in a country with only two islands (sorry Stewart), and two names for the tallest mountain. By the way, where is Old Zealand?

Posts: 902 | Location: Denver Colderado | Registered: 13 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
Old Zealand , according to Billy Connolly , is away up North of the British Isles beyond the Outer Hebrides and those other cold islands up there , and it is - well , so he says - the place from which the prune faced Presbyterian settlers who founded the lower part of NZ's South Island originated. Being used to a desolate climate with snow and cold in abundance they settled in the Southern Hemispheres equivalent and jolly good luck to them I say .

In reality Old Zeeland is part of the Netherlands , and the place was so named by a Dutch dude called Abel Tasman who found the place - did it know it was lost I wonder ? - in the early part of the 1700's or there abouts . Before James Cook sailed into view by many years . Mr Tasman reputedly never set foot on our fair shores , but named it and claimed it for Holland at the time , and then the Poms turned up and civilised us all with Westminster Law and warm beer and British motorcycles and Lee Enfield .303s and deer and all those other good things that Poms have been sharing for the last couple of centuries , although they didnt have enough convicts to populate two countries so they just sent them to Australia....

Actually we have two "official " languages so every damn thing has two names , we just arent as anal as the Canadians and have to have two names on everything ever printed , like maps and road signs and chippie packets and everything . In Australia they only have one language and they have mutilated that beyond recognition as well .....

Posts: 4458 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
You see Muzza is very educated. I zee he thinks New Zeeland is named after that land of the Zee in der Nederlands, with the windmills, the Dykes (that does sound like New Zeeland), the pansies (he he - again very New Zeeland), sheep , swamps and marshes ......

Personally I always thought it was named after Zealand in Denmark.

PS When the poms had emptied their prisons of convicts, they still had full lunatic asylums full of idiots so needed a dumping ground for them. And what ho, New Zeeland! It must be something in zee genes.

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote